LEGO Systems, Inc. Application Architect in Billund, Denmark
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 07/11/2018
Job ID DK6462
Category Information Technology
Are you motivated by securing high quality design and architecture as well as building the best possible Supply Chain Management solutions that secure high value for the business? If yes, this is a unique opportunity to set a strong mark on your career as well as our supply chain planning platform.
Translating business requirements and creating high impact value
As an Application Architect, you will join LEGOs Manufacturing and Supply Chain Technologies department, which delivers end-to-end digital IT products and services to the COO executive leadership team. You will be working within the Horizon Program, a transformational program implementing the JDA Supply Chain Planning platform, as well a further enabling of the business within the assigned application areas.
Your primary tasks include:
• Supporting the translation of business requirements into solid IT solutions within areas of Prototyping, Business Requirements, Gap Analyses, Data Modeling, Process Documentation and Implementation (includes system configuration).
• Owning creation of functional design specifications, data and function mapping.
Advising and running analysis of user/operational issues as well as use the analysis to formulate a solution.
• Safeguard and advocate for the overall LEGO design principles
Join a dedicated and informal team
In the Horizon IT team, you will be working with 14 people in various roles and with various background. We have consultants with high seniority as well as student workers supporting the transformation. On top of that we have a group of external consultants supporting us. The tone is very informal, and beside delivering high quality IT solutions, we prioritize having fun and socialize when ever this is possible.
Strong business acumen and experience designing SCM solutions
As an Application Architect, you have a deep understanding of business structures and processes in a full value chain company.
Additionally, we image you have:
• 5+ years of experience as an Application Architect, implementing SCM solutions
• Solid SAP experience within the SCM area is a prerequisite and experience with JDA would be an advantage
• A degree in engineering, business, computer science or equivalent
• Experience with design and development of SCM processes, blueprinting and developing process flows.
• A strong ability to clearly communicate complex concepts with both technical and functional teams.
• A natural ability to balance the need for standards, design and architectural principles with the needs of the business and know when to compromise and when not to.
• A curious mindset and like to stay on top of new technologies, such as cloud solutions.
• Speak and write English effortlessly
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have insight of parameter control solutions and scheduling solutions but not a requirement. In this position, you will be based in Billund, Denmark, and you can expect to travel 15-25 days a year.
Bringing it to life
“If you are looking for a challenging position within a global technology organisation in transition, this is the opportunity for you. You understand how technology enable business processes and you find strong energy delivering value to business partners” - says Director, Sabine Sandkamm.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together! You will be part of a global family, where you will collaborate across the LEGO community. We look very much forward to reading your application. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English.
This position was posted 11-07-2017 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.