LEGO Systems, Inc. Decoration Engineer for Novelty Decoration in Billund, Denmark
Decoration Engineer for Novelty Decoration
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 05/09/2018
Job ID CZ1636
Category Information Technology
Can you put a smile on the face of LEGO® figures?
As a decoration engineer, you use illustrator software to help create the golden decoration sample for the figures that kids all over the world find in their LEGO boxes.
Turn 2D decoration designs into production drawings
As part of our R&D Processing Novelty Decoration team, you support the global development of all decorated LEGO elements. While part of the team is based at our Kladno Production site in the Czech Republic, you will work alongside 3 teammates at our HQ in Billund, Denmark. Collaborating closely with the sister Novelty Equipment department, you help develop and implement innovative graphic design and qualify equipment solutions in the global manufacturing organisation.
Planning the process from initial design to the production line, you:
• Manage planning of a dedicated novelty graphic portfolio and participate in Novelty Decoration kick-off meetings with designers from the Product Development teams
• Mature graphic design by turning 2D drawings from the designer into production drawings for pad printing, defining the printing processes and materials in close collaboration with both designers and engineering specialists
• Support and participate in the test print process where the production master sample is created, assessing quality and getting final approval from the designer
• Provide technical support for novelty and equipment projects where decoration functional expertise is required and help secure global manufacturing alignment
You will travel for up to 40 days per year, primarily to make monthly or bimonthly visits to Production in Kladno.
Getting the best results in the box takes out-of-the-box thinking
As part of the R&D Processing Novelty Decoration team, you will work alongside a global and cross-functional team of passionate colleagues who take pride in our work to ensure that kids around the world find flawless LEGO elements when they open their boxes. Every day, we work hard to develop solutions that meet the toughest global requirements and find new and innovative ways to do
Passionate technician with advanced Illustrator skills
We are looking for a quality-conscious colleague with an eye for detail and a love of innovation. You thrive in a highly collaborative global environment where you get to share ideas with colleagues across functions, and you never hesitate to challenge the status quo. Moreover:
• You are a skilled technician with a theoretical foundation - or an engineer - with at least 2 years of experience from novelty development or a similar specialist field
• You have advanced Illustrator software skills, and you know your way around the MS Office suite
• It is an advantage if you have experience working with complex pre-production processes, however, we will provide the training you need
• It is a plus if you already have SAP experience
• You speak and write English fluently
Bringing it to life
“The role as decoration engineer is challenging but also rewarding. You need to understand the global execution process and what it takes to get the finished box to the store on time. When you hand over the golden sample to manufacturing, it is important to get it right the first time. At the same time, it is a huge satisfaction to see that your work will be visible in boxes on shop shelves all over the world,” says Jirí Holecek, Senior Manager of Novelty Decoration.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English when you apply.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Jirí Holecek on +420 312 778 676.
This position was posted 09-05-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position, once we have found the right candidate.