LEGO Systems, Inc. Finance Director, Global Business Intelligence in Billund, Denmark
Finance Director, Global Business Intelligence
Location Denmark, Billund; United Kingdom
Posted Date 04/18/2018
Job ID DK6123
Are you ready to make your mark as leader in LEGO Finance? Does it excite you to lift the reporting capabilities & simplify the lives of your 180 finance colleagues? Using your financial expertise, you can set your mark on a high priority area in a company powered by one of the world’s top brands.
Management Reporting, Business Intelligence combined with Finance Information Specialists
You lead the overall agenda for the combined Global Business Intelligence function & Finance Information Specialists whom are focussed on supporting platforms and reporting capabilities to the wider Business Intelligence network in our markets and LEGO Finance function. This includes information areas such as SAP Planning and Management Accounting and Consumer Sales. You will lead a team of 6 finance colleagues.
You will also be expected to contribute to top management support, including adhoc requests.
Your aim is to support providing transparency and insights on the financial performance, enabling strong business decisions. Consequently:
• This position plays a critical role to empower leaders to understand business performance as a competitive advantage. You need to be able to help drive business understanding through various reporting, including contributing to Board of Director materials
• Engage with Regional BI contacts to ensure we deliver best-in-class business performance understanding and needed processes
• Responsible for building and adapting financial systems and transforming analytical capabilities for LEGO at a global level
• Help elevate the voice of the consumer by blending data, analytics and business understanding
• Drive knowledge management by being an ambassador for use of systems, data and insights in LEGO, with a primary focus towards the finance organisation
• Help ensure we continue to develop and retain talent in the organisation. Despite not personally having to be a systems expert you need to be able to speak the language of your team whom possess a combination of technical and financial skills
Mutual value creation
This is a role of great influence and responsibility, and it is central to a global organisation. You will drive the Business Intelligence & information Systems agenda to ensure we continue to lift our capabilities and leave a sustainable improvement.
The LEGO Group is a family-owned international company that brings creativity, collaboration and quality to everything we do. We will give you the freedom, space and trust to make a real impact. We trust you to make decisions, getting things done to the highest possible quality and making the most of your skills.
Finance and accounting expertise
You need to be able to merge your finance & accounting experience with commercial business experience in this role. By taking this role you need to be able to ensure the backbone of our systems get the necessary improvements through your team whilst delivering high quality reporting. You must be a strong communicator with the ability to hit the ground running with energy. You are ambitious ready for challenges. You need the following:
• Leadership mindset & track record: Ability to motivate and inspire people around you, whilst remaining humble and true to LEGO values
• Stakeholder management in a matrix organisation: ability to work with all levels from Executive Leadership to associates across LEGO
• Capacity to confidently & pervasively communicate orally in English as well as through presentations & written documents
• Have demonstrated the ability to build and deliver above average results vs your peers
• Have 8+ years of finance and accounting experience, including some commercial experience (e.g. market finance) where you can demonstrate your commercial acumen
• Hold a master’s in finance, management accounting or similar
• Preferably have people leadership experience, with strong ability to deliver through others
Bringing it to life
“Have we caught your interest in this role? You will have a great opportunity to make a different in this role and help drive transparency of LEGO performance & improve systems which will impact business decisions. A successful impact here will definitely open doors to future career opportunities in the LEGO Group,” says Senior Director, Corporate reporting, Michael Tweedie.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together! You will be part of a global family, where you will collaborate across the LEGO® community. We look very much forward to reading your application. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV in English.
This position was posted 18-04-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.