LEGO Systems, Inc. Head of professional development and training in Billund, Denmark
Head of professional development and training
Location Denmark, Billund; United Kingdom; USA
Posted Date 07/11/2018
Job ID DK6452
Category Product Design/ Development; Training
Would you like to play an instrumental role in translating the global LEGO Education business strategy into a global strategy for professional development and training? Be part of the start of an exciting strategic journey which will ultimately inspire the builders of tomorrow.
Bring our strategy to life globally
We want to leverage and enhance the LEGO Education learning impact and improve the effectiveness of bringing LEGO® experiences into the classroom – and we need your expertise to do so globally. Your main focus will therefore be to develop the LEGO Education professional development and training strategy globally. By leading the LEGO Education Academy, you take your team members on a journey of change.
Moreover, you will join the LEGO Education leadership team of 6 managers, and together, you will define how we can drive the business forward and enable a strong and unique defendable proposition into the classrooms globally.
You may be based in either London, Boston, or Billund. If you choose to be based outside of Denmark, the job will involve some travel to Billund but also to key markets approximately 60-80 days per year as you:
• Develop the global LEGO professional development and training strategy, understanding key market needs while ensuring consistency, scalability and local relevancy
• Ensure alignment with the new brand strategy, guidelines and tone of voice to secure the LEGO brand heritage and philosophy we offer in the classroom
• Nurture long-term supplier and partner relationships to ensure that the LEGO Education learning framework and DNA stays apparent in third-party-developed content and components
• Build a high performing and motivated team, identifying capability gaps, ensuring development and setting a clear direction moving forward
We bring the LEGO experience to the classroom
Leading 6 master trainers across locations, you will be part of delivering a key service component in the LEGO Education solutions we bring to market. In the LEGO Education Academy, we collaborate with 20 markets across the globe to deliver face-to-face training and e-learning. It is our aim to give teachers the best possible experience when using LEGO Education resources in the classroom. And we can ensure you, you will feel as great a sense of pride and achievement as the children whose lives you ultimately enrich.
Strong leader with education industry experience
In this position, you are a strong leader and collaborator with a clear perspective which strategy to go with regarding professional development and teaching. We imagine you are passionate about your field but at the same time, you are willing to push the boundaries and take on a challenge. Your qualifications:
• Preferably, you have a master’s degree, but most importantly, you have 6+ years of experience from a similar role within professional development and teacher training in the education industry
• You have strong knowledge of training a business and implementing global training programmes
• You have experience leading a global team
• You speak and write English effortlessly
Bringing it to life
“You will get to provide hands-on, minds-on experiences and supporting tools that every student needs to succeed and build skills to face any challenge life hurls at them. We see the world with our eyes. We change it with our hands,” says Louise Swift, Senior Directior – Head of Solution and Portfolio development.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
This position was posted 11-07-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.