LEGO Systems, Inc. Junior Big Data Engineer in Billund, Denmark
Junior Big Data Engineer
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 09/13/2018
Job ID DK6667
Category Information Technology
Would you like to create and maintain dataproducts in close corporation with our data science and data management teams?
Are you interested in distributed computing and implementing high performance algorithms? Join us now to create awesome Big Data Engineering products and solutions in a company with great dreams.
Engineer applications based on a big data platform
The LEGO Group is well under way on its Big Data journey, and along with our team of 15 people, you will assist in further enhancing our competitive edge based on our Big Data foundation. As Junior Big Data Engineer, you will work closely with the rest of the Big Data Engineering team, business units and IT to:
• Secure that the functionality and design is performed according to technical best practise and LEGO Business requirements
• Develop solutions and products for Big Data, e.g. datapipelines, recommender engines and image recognition
• Help operate and support current running Big Data applications together with the rest of the team
• Automate analytics algorithms developed by the data science teams
• Optimize our codebase and our CI/CD pipeline
The nature of your position takes you travelling 10 days per year, but your daily work is based in Billund, Denmark.
You will be part of a family-owned business where you will develop deep expertise and a thorough understanding of our global business. In our supportive, collaborative culture we will help you make the most of your skills and reach your full potential.
In this environment, you can combine your experience and imagination to help shaping the direction for a recently established area and help deliver results using Big Data tools and frameworks. In this high profile area, with Corporate Management focus, you help us achieve our mission of inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. Your first project is already under way.
Passionate about engineering Big Data applications
As this is an area with focus and priority, you get the opportunity to dive into the different business areas we work with and help business utilize data as a key strategical asset.
There are several ways into this position. You could be an already experienced software engineer or developer or you could come straight of school with Data Engineering, Computer Science or software engineering as your specialization. Moreover, you:
• Most likely have 0-2 years of experience working with Big Data, preferably with Apache Spark
• Most likely have 0-2 years of experience working with general software development, preferably with Java, scala and/or Python.
• Have knowledge around software design and coding best practices
• Speak and write English effortlessly
• Willing to put energy in learning new technologies and skills
Join the global LEGO Family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English when you apply.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Christian Laasby Ladefoged on +45 40 81 68 26.
This position was posted 13-09-2018 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.