LEGO Systems, Inc. Junior Big Data Engineer in Billund, Denmark
Junior Big Data Engineer
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 07/23/2018
Job ID DK6502
Category Information Technology
Do you enjoy working in Java, Python or Scala? Join us now to create awesome Big Data Engineering in a company with great dreams.
Engineer applications based on a big data platform
The LEGO Group is well under way on its Big Data journey, and along with our team of 15 people, you will assist in further enhancing our competitive edge based on our Big Data foundation. As Junior Big Data Engineer, you will work closely with the rest of the Big Data Engineering team in both business units and IT to
• Secure that the functionality and design is performed according to technical best practise and LEGO Business requirements
• Develop solutions and products for Big Data within many different areas and for different use cases
• Help operate and support current running Big Data applications together with the rest of the team
The nature of your position takes you travelling 10 days per year, but your daily work is based in Billund, Denmark.
You will be part of a family-owned business where you will develop deep expertise and a thorough understanding of our global business. In our supportive, collaborative culture we will help you make the most of your skills and reach your full potential.
In this environment, you can combine your experience and imagination to help shaping the direction for a recently established area and help deliver results using Big Data. In this high profile area, with Corporate Management focus, you help us achieve our mission of inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. Your first project is already under way.
Passionate about engineering Big Data applications
As this is an area with focus and priority, you get the opportunity to dive into the different business areas we work with and help business utilize data as a key strategical asset.
There are several ways into this position. You could be an already experienced software engineer or developer, but with no Big Data experience, or you could come straight of school with Data Engineering or Computer Science as your specialization. Moreover, you:
• Most likely have 0-2 years of experience working with Big Data
• Most likely have 0-2 years of experience working with general software development, preferably with Java and/or Python
• Probably have a degree in engineering, computer science or knowledge within Big Data, but this is not mandatory
• Speak and write English effortlessly
• Willing to put energy in learning new technologies and skills
Join the global LEGO Family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English when you apply.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Henrik Overballe on +45 52 15 93 01.
This position was posted 23-07-2018 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.