LEGO Systems, Inc. Lead Developer for the LEGO Agency in Billund, Denmark
Lead Developer for the LEGO Agency
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 02/06/2018
Job ID DK5854
Category Information Technology
Want to work with highly scalable systems and cutting-edge technology in the cloud?
As a lead developer in the LEGO Agency, you will play a key part in creating exciting new digital LEGO® experiences that reach millions of children world-wide to inspire the builders of tomorrow.
Build software where the sky is the limit
You will be part of the Digital Agile Development department, which uses cloud infrastructure to develop scalable digital marketing experiences and supporting services, for instance as part of our www.LEGO.com website or to support the LEGO Life app. Through a micro service architecture, our services make up a coherent ecosystem, that forms the foundation for our many consumer-facing digital experiences. Working in an agile setting, you create scalable and robust systems to be part of that ecosystem. Specifically, you:
• Work as part of an agile development team, being the technical go-to person for your team lead
• Take the lead on designing and implementing websites, services and tools in collaboration with your team
• Break down feature requirements into user stories and provide estimates
• Ensure coherence and alignment to our ecosystem and digital platform in collaboration with developers from other teams
• Take responsibility for adhering to defined quality and security standards in regards to products and processes
• Operate and maintain your systems once they are released
Contribute to the world-wide LEGO community
Today, the digital experience constitutes that all-important first encounter that most children have with the LEGO brand. In this role, you
will contribute to ensure that the crucial first impression is a great one.
The technology landscape is constantly changing, and you will be part of an experienced team that enjoys exploring it with a curious and open mind. We work in an environment where the solution is not always obvious and we are challenged to convert abstract concepts into concrete implementations. And we are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that we meet the quality standards that we take pride in.
A skilled developer with good people skills
Your people skills mean that you enjoy tackling challenges as a team as well as coaching others. Your technical skills make it easy for you to enter new technical domains where your competencies as a lead developer are needed.
In addition, you:
• have a strong background in object-oriented design and programming with the C# language & the .NET framework as well as relational data models and databases
• have 5+ years of experience from a related IT position and preferably a degree in software engineering or computer science
• have a deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and the infrastructure setup for web applications (DNS, CDN, Load balancing, IIS etc.)
• speak and write English fluently
Bringing it to life
"In this position, you get to leverage cloud technology to build a solid foundation for our many fun and exciting digital LEGO
experiences. You get to go to work each morning knowing that the software you write will be used by millions of children all over the
world," says Director Anders Nygaard.
Join the global LEGO® Family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun
working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English, when you apply.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Anders Nygaard on +45 79505777. This position was posted 05-02-2018
and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down, once we have found the right candidate.