LEGO Systems, Inc. Material Platform Manager – Polymer in Billund, Denmark
Material Platform Manager – Polymer
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 06/14/2018
Job ID DK6342
Category Quality Management
Are you ready to help safeguard the quality of the LEGO® materials platform while innovating for the future? In this role, you collaborate closely with our suppliers and production sites around the world to ensure that innovation and quality go hand in hand.
Develop and maintain our resin platform
Working in a group of materials specialists, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe, high-quality resin platform. To continuously optimise the platform, you act as the single point of contact for key stakeholders in our design and production teams, ensuring alignment with specialists in both fields. In this capacity, you will have frequent contact with our production sites all over the world, particularly our sites in Mexico, Hungary and China as well as at our headquarters in Billund.
• Lead activities to improve the platform and define future changes and/or projects to develop the platform
• Approve, assure and optimise material quality
• Advise on and manage technical topics and problem-solving
• Build and maintain technical relations to suppliers
• Define and implement technical specifications and standards in collaboration with suppliers and colleagues
Quality and global collaboration
In the LEGO Group, we are dedicated to finding new materials, so we can continue to deliver high-quality creative play experiences while caring for the environment and future generations. Working in Materials, you will join a department with experts whose commitment is contagious. Safeguarding the quality of our material platforms while driving the implementation and optimisation of new materials, we act as change agents in the global production and take pride in our daily work to ensure continuous focus on long-term quality.
Materials expert with collaboration abilities
In this role, you will need deep technical knowledge and the ability to collaborate and communicate with a great number of stakeholders to deploy your functional knowledge in a business context. And, as we have a wealth of new materials in the pipeline, it is crucial that you can handle a high level of complexity and balance production-related operations with development projects. To facilitate this, you:
• Hold a master´s degree in materials, polymers, chemistry or process engineering
• Have 2+ years of experience within the plastics industry as a material engineer, chemical engineer, process engineer or equivalent
• Have experience from a similar position with production support and supplier relations
• Preferably have a combination of technical understanding and hands-on material use from design and/or injection moulding
• Ideally have experience with moulding of thermoplastic elastomers and multi-component parts
Bringing it to life
“In this role, you will have the chance to put your mark on the LEGO Group’s current and future material platform. You will play an instrumental role in ensuring that the LEGO bricks kids across the globe love always live up to our high quality standards,” says Hanne Træholt Odegaard, Director of Materials.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Director of Materials Platform & Lab Management, Hanne Træholt Odegaard on +45 20308694.
This position was posted 14-06-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.