LEGO Systems, Inc. Principal Enterprise Architect in Billund, Denmark
Principal Enterprise Architect
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 05/10/2018
Job ID DK6207
Category Information Technology
Would you like to influence the long-term IT strategy and technology roadmap for the LEGO® Group?
Here you will drive initiatives with global impact and collaborate with numerous stakeholders, giving you the basis for understanding both our business model and technology landscape holistically.
Shape the future of IT/technology in the LEGO Group
The Executive Leadership team has recently expressed the ambition for the LEGO Group to invest more in technology to drive competitiveness in the future. This will be the basis for your work as you become part of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team, which is currently heavily involved in developing a new IT strategy and a 3-5-years technology roadmap for the company. With the responsibility of leading platform architecture, managing and governing implementation of technology and engaging the architecture community, you will be involved in:
• Defining the future state/target platform architecture and the transition roadmap towards this, which includes the design of the future Core ERP, the periphery systems as well as new integration capabilities.
• Providing strategic advice on complex business and technology challenges across all layers of the tech stack, e.g. 1) building the technology infrastructure to successfully enable business growth in China while staying compliance to local regulatory requirements and 2) establishing a universal data HUB to unite internal and external data sources for analytics.
• Coaching and training domain architects downstream the organisation, providing them with guidance and feedback - this way you enable them to make trade-off decisions and take full ownership of their solution designs from ideation to implementation, thus ensuring that the overall platform strategies you are designing are implemented accordingly.
Levering technology to drive business competitiveness in the future
Based at the headquarters in Billund, you will work alongside 4 other senior profiles in the EA team, all reporting directly to the Head of Architecture, Value and Transformation, who in turn refers directly to the Global CIO. Together, you will be leading the coherent creation and review of business capabilities across the entire LEGO Group, connecting those with processes, applications, data and technologies.
With “Architecting the Digital Tomorrow” as our mission, we look to fulfil the vision of establishing an enterprise platform that “enables global operational efficiency while providing real options for digital innovation”.
Experienced enterprise architect
Holistic strategy is the core of your professional life, and you have solid experience with development and execution of technology strategies and roadmaps. Providing the organisation with the design aspiration/direction for the future, you will also need your coaching, communication and stakeholder management skills to motivate others in implementing the new strategies.
• You have a university degree in business administration, economics, engineering, computer science or similar.
• You have extensive experience as an enterprise architect or IT strategist from in an international company a strategy and/or technology consulting firm or a software powerhouse.
• You have a proven track record from designing and developing technology platforms - experience with architecting universal data hubs is a plus but not a must.
• You have great insights into digital trends and a sound conceptual understanding of post-modern ERP, micro-service architecture etc.
• You are highly familiar with the challenges of executing technology strategies and roadmaps via implementation of technology governance (such as architectural principles) and disciplined program management.
Bringing it to life
“Our CEO has emphasised the need for a new IT strategy and roadmap to ensure that we leverage technology to drive business competitiveness in the future. Now, it is up to you to take on this exciting challenge of defining our strategy, thus impacting the future of the LEGO Group,” says Head of Architecture, Value and Transformation, Anders Lerbech Borregaard.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Head of Architecture, Value and Transformation, Anders Lerbech Borregaard on +45 2242 9799.
This position was posted 10-05-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.