LEGO Systems, Inc. Quality Engineer for Mould Design Technology in Billund, Denmark
Quality Engineer for Mould Design Technology
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 06/27/2018
Job ID DK6397
Category Quality Management; Engineering
Would you like to help shape the future of toy construction in the LEGO Group?
Use your eye for detail and experience with quality assurance to influence our mould design processes - and experience how your analyses affect the LEGO® bricks that continue to spread joy among children globally.
Ensure high-quality injection moulds
You will join our Mould Design Technology team which is responsible for leveraging the LEGO Group´s mould design capabilities and make life easier for our mould designers. As our new quality engineer, you will play a key role in strengthening standardisation, digitalisation, industrialisation and automation processes to ensure that we continue to deliver the high-quality play experiences we are known for.
Taking on a full perspective on documentation and the entire value chain, you will be responsible for:
• Collecting and analysing data on quality issues
• Managing request in our quality assurance management system
• Aligning quality initiatives and KPIs across the organisation
• Ensuring that learnings and finding are communicated across the value chain – e.g. through training
• Leading smaller quality analysis (PPS) teams on particular quality-related issues
We rely on teamwork to succeed
Joining our team in Billund, Denmark, you will surround yourself with engineering specialists, project managers and software developers. To always keep our best foot forward, we have adapted an agile methodology that enables us to continuously develop our processes. We strongly believe that collaboration is key, and you will join a high-performing team where every input is valid and individual development is nourished.
Quality experience and strong communication skills
To succeed in this role, you will need a task-oriented approach that allows you to dive into detail to spot correlations and patterns in large sets of data. With your strong stakeholder management skills, you navigate differing viewpoints and opinions to arrive at the best solutions. Moreover:
• You have 2+ years of experience with quality and quality data preferably from a larger or international company
• You either hold a degree in engineering or have a background in mould design or similar with hands-on experience
• Experience with Lean or Six Sigma will be considered a plus
• You have strong IT-skills and have preferably worked with CAD, NX or similar software
• You have great communication skills, and you speak and write English effortlessly
Bringing it to life
”Not only is this a great team to be a part of. You will contribute to our ambitions of becoming more standardised, digitalised, automated and industrialised – which is something that doesn’t happen every day in an engineering function,” says Senior Manager, Mould Design Technology, Arthur Hvelplund.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Arthur Hvelplund on +45 29 22 85 59.
This position was posted 27-06-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.