LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Big Data Engineer in Billund, Denmark
Senior Big Data Engineer
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 05/17/2018
Job ID DK6235
Do you enjoy working in Java, Python and Scala? Join us now to create awesome big data engineering in a company with great dreams.
Engineer applications based on a big data platform
We have started our big data journey just a few years back, and alongside your team of 15, you will assist in building our competitive edge based on our big data foundation. As a senior big data engineer, you will play a key role in the Big Data Engineering team, focusing on collaboration in both business units and IT. More specifically, you:
• Secure that functionality and design is performed according to technical best practise and LEGO® business requirements
• Support, implement and develop solutions and products for big data within many different areas
• Innovate our area with your experience in software development
• Utilise the right technology and architecture to ensure data integrity, access and security in both data models and data in use
• Act as a role model and mentor for our less experienced big data engineers
• Manage development projects and initiatives
The nature of your position takes you travelling 30 days per year, but your daily work is based in Billund, Denmark.
You will be part of a family-owned business where you will develop deep expertise and a thorough understanding of our global business. In our supportive, collaborative culture, we will help you make the most of your skills and reach your full potential.
In this environment, you can combine your experience and imagination to help shape the direction for a recently established area and help deliver results using big data. In this high-profile area, with corporate management focus, you help us achieve our mission of inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. Your first project is already under way.
Big data expert who is passionate about engineering software
As this is an area with focus and high priority, you get the opportunity to dive deeply into the different business areas we work in and help implement the overall data strategy in these areas by being a trusted advisor to our business stakeholders. Moreover, you will play a very important role internally in the team as you help drive our own engineering agenda.
There are several ways into this position. You might have specific big data experience, or you could have more general engineering skills. Moreover, you:
• Preferably have 3+ years of experience working with big data as well as practical experience with Spark
• Most likely have 5+ years of experience working with general software development, preferably Java and/or Python
• Are used to working in an agile team
• Probably have a degree in engineering, computer science or knowledge within big data
• Speak and write English effortlessly
• Might have experience with Machine Learning, but this is not a requirement
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Henrik Overballe on +45 52 15 93 01.
This position was posted 17-05-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.