LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Category Manager for Distribution and Logistics in Billund, Denmark
Senior Category Manager for Distribution and Logistics
Location Denmark, Billund; Czech Republic; United Kingdom
Posted Date 05/01/2018
Job ID DK6171
Category Supply and Demand; Logistics/Transport
Are you ready to grab the opportunity of working with a wide range of stakeholders and vendors across our global organization? Can you develop and drive strong category management and supplier relationship management programmes?
Play a key role in stakeholder relationships and the procurement life cycle
As a senior category manager, your primary function is to establish strong category management for Distribution and Logistics category spend in EMEA.
You will play a critical role in the full procurement life cycle across the Distribution and Logistics spend, including areas such as air-ocean-road freight, courier and postage, customs & duties, packaging materials, warehousing and 3PL. Distribution and Logistics is an integrated part of the LEGO value chain.
You will be responsible for developing and managing key stakeholder relationships for both new spend and renegotiations. This entails establishing strong working relationships with our vendors, proactively understanding their requirements and formulating feasible sourcing strategies and plans. Moreover, you will play an active role in leading negotiations and supplier review activities. Working out of our London, Billund or Prague office, you will:
• Provide active leadership and influencing among stakeholder, finance and suppliers to drive companywide cost initiatives in the distribution and logistics spends
• Provide innovative solutions to the stakeholders to manage total cost
• Support the leader to drive global dashboard with key indicators and monthly dialogues providing comprehensive updates to key stakeholders
• Work with regional Procurement and business partners to develop and execute global category strategies
• Build market insight to identify the trends in the markets and translate them into category strategies and robust actions leading to productivity improvements
In this role, you can expect frequent travels as a natural part of the job.
Trusted to perform
Joining our Indirect Materials and Services Sourcing team, you will collaborate with colleagues globally. In the LEGO family, we believe that the more you enjoy what you do - and the more fun you have doing it - the more extraordinary your work will be. You will experience a lot of professional freedom and autonomy, allowing you to make decisions and thereby influence our procurement strategies.
Global Distribution and Logistics sourcing experience
You are ready to use your procurement experience in a global organisation where building strong stakeholder relationships is a key part of the job. You have a deep insight and understanding of transport and logistic business, its components and how these influences each other, and you must be able to manage stakeholder demands with confidence, challenge ideas and push back when necessary. Moreover:
• You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business management with a focus on supply chain, legal issues or finance
• You have global category management experience and 5-7 years distribution and logistics sourcing experience
• You have significant experience with negotiating global enterprise agreements with industry leaders
• You know how to work with Supplier Relationship Management Programs
• Advanced communication skills in a fluent English are a must, as interacting effectively with senior leadership of the company is a central part of the job
Bringing it to life
“This is a unique opportunity to join our growing global team where you will be procuring services which are core to support our supply chain operations and serve our consumers and retail clients. You will have a high degree of freedom to make decisions and join an organisation with a fantastic culture and reputation - says Procurement Director, Nicola Perrozzi.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Nicola Perrozzi on +44 1753 495 000.
This position was posted 01-05-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.