LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Communication Strategic Planner to LEGO Retail in Billund, Denmark
Senior Communication Strategic Planner to LEGO Retail
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 07/12/2018
Job ID DK6472
Do you have experience developing international shopper and consumer marketing campaigns based on insights? And do you want a vital position where you translate insights into marketing objectives, help set the strategic marketing and campaign direction and are a sounding board to marketing leads?
Transforming insights into effective strategies and concepts
The primary role of the Senior Strategic Planner is to capture and embed insights about shoppers and the business into creative strategies, provided for effective communication concepts and strategic business decisions. You will advise partners in- and outside LEGO Retail so that solutions are developed on strategy and are effective and relevant for the business.
You will join a strong team of 40+ marketeers in LEGO Retail Marketing, located in Billund, London and Enfield offices. Here, you serve as an important link between the Global Product & Planning team, our brand partners and market intelligence teams in the LEGO Group. Furthermore, the Senior Strategic Planner is responsible for LEGO Retail shopper insight efforts, driving the overall knowledge about our shoppers, path to purchase, retail channels, trends etc.
In more detail, you will:
• Secure a strong foundation of knowledge, insights, and strategy for the marketing teams to develop the yearly retail marketing plan, channel communication and store concepts.
• Recommend marketing priorities in the global marketing plan
• Provide inputs on global theme concepts and assortment strategies on behalf of LEGO Retail
• Anchor LEGO Retail shopper insights in partnership with relevant LEGO Group market research teams
• Be the expert on digital shopper marketing and eCommerce strategies
• Develop strong strategic foundation for the communication, concepts and campaigns.
• Secure a foundation of shopper knowledge across marketing teams, which can stimulate innovative solutions.
Location of the role is Billund or London and you should expect approx. 25-35 days of travelling per year.
Solid experience within retail
You have thorough experience as a strategic communication planner targeting shoppers in the FMCG retail environment. You are a team player when working with different types of functions and teams, yet capable of working deeply and single-handedly on solutions.
Moreover, you probably:
• Hold a master level degree and 5+ years of experience as a strategic planner or communication strategist from an agency, giving you a solid track record of creating communication solutions for global brands and translating target group insights into strategies and concepts.
• Have documented experience with international projects.
• Have a strong understanding of strategies and customers combined with the ability to create ties.
• Experience with shopper communication is considered a significant advantage.
• Speak and write English effortlessly
To succeed in this role, it is also important that you are able to challenge stakeholders and can be persistent when needed while still having a cooperative mindset.
Bringing it to life
"Becoming a part of LEGO Retail means becoming a part of a dedicated and highly skilled team that speaks directly to millions of LEGO Fans and shoppers through our own retail stores and our digital platforms.” says Diana.
Join the global LEGO Family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to receiving your motivated application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach your application, a current CV and a portfolio of your creative work.
This position was posted 12-07-2018 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.