LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Corporate Counsel with a digital focus in Billund, Denmark
Senior Corporate Counsel with a digital focus
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 04/18/2018
Job ID DK6125
Category Legal Affairs
Do you want to use your legal knowledge to help create safe, engaging and fun digital experiences for the children of the world? In this role, you will help protect the LEGO® brand from risks of legal harm while providing cutting-edge legal advice in the ever-changing field of digital law.
Set the legal tone
In this position, you join our Legal, Compliance and Risk Management department (LCR) alongside 90 highly skilled colleagues in 8 global locations. Rooted in the EMEA legal team and based in Billund, Denmark, you provide legal services to business units within the Product and Marketing Development area of the LEGO Group. Here, you keep abreast of relevant legislation in various legal areas such as data protection law (GDPR) and marketing law, primarily regarding consumer-engaging initiatives. More specifically, your role is to:
• Identify and build working relationships with leaders and decision-makers at all levels as well as business areas and units – all with a digital focus
• Build and/or maintain best-in-class legal knowledge and skills relevant to digital business
• Provide focused and enabling legal advice relative to digital LEGO opportunities and experiences
• Provide legal input and recommendations concerning the development of policies and guidelines with a digital focus
• Drive sharing of knowledge and best practices with relevant LCR colleagues in other teams
We believe in feedback
Within LCR, we aspire to create an environment that fosters learning and caring among our employees as well as inspiring quality in the work that we do and the solutions we create. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are open-minded and collaborative, and we value the ability to give and receive constructive feedback. To us, this is the best way to ensure organisational effectiveness, continuous improvement and an attractive work environment.
Communication skills and digital experience
As senior corporate counsel, you communicate with all levels of the organisation as well as policy-making authorities to attain and share knowledge throughout the LEGO Group. That is why you will need great collaborative and communicative skills as well as the ability to duly deliver in a fast-paced and forward-looking business as you strive for good results. Your qualifications:
• You hold a MA in law, a MSc in business administration and commercial law or similar
• You have 5+ years of experience working as counsel, including 3+ years working as an advisor to clients regarding digital business
• Alternatively, you have experience as an employee of a public authority, focusing on consumer protection, data privacy governance or similar
• You have preferably participated in industry networks and/or advisory boards relevant to digital business
• You speak and write legal English effortlessly
Bringing it to life
“Our ambition is to bring the LEGO products and experiences closer to even more children across the globe. You will play an important role in protecting the famous LEGO brand against risk of legal harm while also helping to ensure that we develop and remain relevant and “cool” to core LEGO users,” says Peter Thorslund Kjær, VP, General Counsel, EMEA.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Peter Thorslund Kjær on +45 79505202.
This position was posted 18-04-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.