LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Manager for Billund Production Planning Team in Billund, Denmark
Senior Manager for Billund Production Planning Team
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 05/03/2018
Job ID DK6176
Category Supply and Demand
Join us now to manage a team of 7 Planners that secure component availability and to drive efficient production and inventory management with a global perspective.
Be a leader and manage our stakeholders
You will lead a team of highly qualified Planners and manage stakeholders in the production. You will act from a global perspective and collaborate with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and other global moulding planning teams to balance feasibility and cost. However, driving the planning agenda for our manufacturing plant in Billund is your prime responsibility. In more detail, you will:
• Lead, motivate and develop a team of 7 Planners by setting targets, direction and ensuring that your team handles tasks within the agreed frames
• Manage the master production and shop floor scheduling for manufacturing in Billund and be responsible for detailed budget alignment and execution
• Be responsible for planning that moulding machines are ramped up and ready to be put into production in close collaboration with the Capacity Owner and Project Managers
• Be responsible for executing the Tactical Implementation Plan which is our contribution to the LEGO® Strategy
• Be part of Global Component Planning Extended Leadership Team and the local manufacturing Leadership Team at Billund
Collaboration and creativity
You will be part of a family-owned business where you will develop deep leadership skills and a thorough understanding of our global business. In a culture that is famous for collaboration and creativity, we will support you to develop your talent as you help us achieve our mission of inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. We achieve extraordinary things because we enjoy what we do.
Process or supply chain understanding
The challenge in this position is to facilitate globally aligned compromises that balance customer demands and needs with manufacturing costs as well as aligning planning processes with a LEAN perspective in a manufacturing set-up. Moreover, your ability to further develop collaboration in your team, your ability to understand various group dynamics and your ability to manage stakeholders are key to your success. To facilitate this, you:
• Either have a broad experience from a large international Supply Chain, e.g. from a position within supply chain planning or operations
• Or broad process understanding and previous leadership/management experience combined with knowledge of team dynamics
• Probably hold a master’s degree and speak and write English effortlessly
• Speak Danish
• Actively seek input in decision making and are able to use the diversity of skills present in the group, just as you encourage others to share different views
• Invest in building strong and sustainable relationships and easily navigate in an organisation in growth and development
Bringing it to life
“In this position, you will be exposed to large parts of our capacity and component processes as well as our supply chain. That gives you a solid understanding of our fundamental processes, so this position is a good foundation for a further career in the LEGO Group. In our team we never forget that collaborating is like playing – it’s more fun when we do it together“, says Lone Pedersen, Director for Component Planning in Billund.
Join the global LEGO Family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW and remember to attach your application and a current CV.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Lone Pedersen on +45 79 50 43 31.
This position was posted 03-05-2018 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.