LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Manager for Government & Public Affairs in Billund, Denmark
Senior Manager for Government & Public Affairs
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 07/09/2018
Job ID DK6431
Category Brand Management; Communication/PR; Key Account Management; Project Management
Would you like to use your insight into the World Economic Forum to advocate for our mission: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow? And can you put together programmes for top management to strategically leverage our relationships with government representatives and key decision-makers?
Leverage our membership of the World Economic Forum
In this newly established position, you will play a prominent role in driving forward the LEGO Brand engagement in the World Economic Forum (WEF), which is a key priority for top management. Through increased engagement, we aim to further leverage our membership and maximise value, and we are looking for you to put together immaculate programmes to underline these efforts.
Facilitating opportunities for the organisation, you will:
• Proactively drive the engagement of the full LEGO® brand in the WEF
• Ensure the best possible position for LEGO top management during key events organised by the WEF - such as annual meetings in Davos, sustainable impact meetings in New York and the annual meeting of new champions in Tianjin, China
• Develop tailor-made programmes for top management in these events - including bilateral meetings with ministers and CEOs from business partners as well as speaking/presenting opportunities to enhance the awareness of the LEGO brand
• Embed government and public affairs tools and practices in the LEGO Foundation to ensure alignment and improve impact
Join a collaborative culture
Government & Public Affairs is an important enabler of the growth and globalisation of the LEGO Group. We work towards a favourable regulatory environment, while ensuring no surprises to our operating model. Our purpose is to build goodwill and political capital with regulators, politicians, interest groups, NGOs and local communities to maintain the LEGO Group as a leader in the toy industry.
Joining our EMEA team, you will be part of a global Government & Public Affairs team. You will be based in Billund, Denmark, and from here you will collaborate with EMEA teammates in Billund, Brussels and London but also your global teammates in the US, Mexico, China and Singapore. To us, collaboration is key! Whether it be in the team or with external stakeholders, we believe in working together to identify opportunities and advocate for the power of learning through play.
Public affairs experience and knowledge of the WEF
To succeed in this position, you have a natural sense of structure, and you are more than comfortable joggling multiple tasks at a time. Knowing the ins and outs of the WEF, you can put together concise programmes that enable top management to make the most of their time. Moreover, your strategic sense means that you know when to think outside the box and be creative to achieve your goals.
• You have a degree in international relations, political science or similar
• You have in-depth knowledge of the WEF
• You have great communication skills, allowing you to engage in close dialogue with top management and key decision-makers
• You have excellent intercultural collaboration abilities, and you speak and write English effortlessly
Bringing it to life
“There are largely two ways of getting things done within our field – reactive and proactive. We prefer to be proactive. That is why we engage in areas which are fundamental to us, for example the future of education. Education is not directly related to our commercial efforts, but where we have an opportunity to make an impact to the benefit of the children and society,” says Bongki Engel, Senior Director, Government & Public Affairs, EMEA.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
This position was posted 09-07-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.