LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Producer for digital platforms and apps in Billund, Denmark
Senior Producer for digital platforms and apps
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 09/12/2018
Job ID DK6657
Category Information Technology
LEGO® products are more than just bricks.
Every day, we work to create apps and digital tools that make our products come to life. Do you have the skills to understand which technologies can bring most value to our products and push them in the right direction?
Shape the future of physical-virtual play experiences
In our Digital Product Technology (DPT) department in Billund, we have multiple cross-functional teams of digital architects, developers, team leads and much more. Together, we are dedicated to delivering seamlessly integrated software solutions, such as apps, that bridge physical with digital to create interactive build and play experiences.
As a senior producer, you will play an essential part in understanding what projects and processes have the most potential for meeting our strategic goals. This allows for maximum reusability and scalability in our digital platforms - and develops them in the right direction.
Thus, you will:
• Communicate closely with our analytics manager and internal stakeholders to capture insights on market trends as well as consumer and business needs
• Translate insights, opportunities and capabilities into roadmaps and executable projects
• Engage developers, UX designers and other stakeholders in DPT to ensure adoption and execution of new concepts and projects according to budgets and timeframes
• Manage the backlog for LEGO® Powered Up and other digital products when needed
• Discover possibilities for improving collaboration and development processes and work with the director of DPT to implement changes
Join our digital universe - where work and play connect
This is your chance to make your mark on our app experiences for children worldwide and push the boundaries for digital play. To succeed, it will be up to you to connect with stakeholders and inspire them to engage in digital play and mobilise them through informal leadership.
Do you have what it takes to be the connecting link between insight and development?
In this role, it is vital that you are able to translate creative ideas and insights into technical development plans. We are looking for solid technical knowledge of both Android and iOS systems and app development in general and the ability to inspire engagement amongst your colleagues.
You also bring:
• 5+ years´ experience within mobile platforms, apps, video games or other consumer software development as a product owner, producer or senior app developer/architect/project manager
• Experience with managing backlogs or digital portfolios
• A bachelor´s, master´s or engineering degree within IT
• Fluency in English
• Preferably, insight into end-user/kids´ playing habits, needs and wants, either through professional experience, personal interest or similar, although it is not a must
Bringing it to life
“LEGO Powered Up is a central app that allows customers to control LEGO City®, Technic® and other products, bringing them to life. It also functions as a launch pad for future LEGO apps. So, it is our ambition to ensure its continued growth and development. As senior producer, you will join in on ensuring its future growth whilst becoming a system and platform expert. We will of course make sure to give you the knowledge and tools to make it happen,” says Ralph Zitz, Director of Digital Product Technology.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Deadline for application is 28th September. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Director of Digital Product Technology Ralph Zitz on +45 52 15 93 11 or ralph.zitz@LEGO.com.