LEGO Systems, Inc. Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Billund, Denmark
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 07/11/2018
Job ID DK6456
Can you extract knowledge and create structures that encourage your team members to share knowledge - ultimately ensuring continuous improvement? In this 1-year maternity cover, you will join an innovative and international project environment with a large international interface.
Create structures and guidelines for knowledge sharing
You will join our Technical Mould Development (TMD) team which is a part of Elements & Moulds within Engineering & Quality. We work with design for manufacturing, and our aim in the team is to develop the best injection mould solutions possible with a focus on quality, lead time and cost. In this 1-year position, you will play a key role in streamlining our processes, improving our digital portal and increasing our levels of standardisation.
One of your key responsibilities will be to create a digital information management process that ensures periodic document reviews and updates. Moreover, you will:
• Manage open tasks and projects that link TMD to our business partners, including requesting the proper resources for various cross-organisational technical tasks
• Simplify our technical guides and standards library to create a simpler overview
• Create simplicity in our digital world, gather our knowledge in SharePoint and establish a data maintenance system
• Provide support to SharePoint owners within TMD in regard to developing and maintaining our digital platform for knowledge sharing
• Formalise continuous improvement structures and facilitate change within TMD
We succeed together
One of the LEGO® family´s core values is succeeding together and encouraging collaboration. Therefore, we need to be able to dare to share. To exchange knowledge and make sure that we make each other better. As an important member of the team, you will have a great opportunity to make a positive change to our team culture and mindset - ultimately improving the quality of our deliveries.
Project management and product development experience
To succeed in this position, you need a strong motivation to create a big impact in a short amount of time. You will not just be tasked with creating structure but also with making sure that the scope is implemented into our daily working processes. Thus, strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to ensure buy-in and facilitate change will be key. Moreover:
• You preferably have a background as a mechanical engineer or toolmaker combined with experience from a similar role
• You have strong project management experience, allowing you to stay on top of deadlines, follow-ups, etc.
• You have experience with quality management - including knowledge of e.g. Lean, Six Sigma and/or continuous improvement from a product development, engineering or R&D environment
• You speak and write English effortlessly
Bringing it to life
“Your goal will be to find a way to make sure that information is centralised, controlled and reviewed in our digital portal. And within a year, we would like to achieve LCI level 3. Those are your key targets, and along the way, you will get to know the ins and outs of our business as you engage with stakeholders across a range of different departments. That´s exactly what makes this role exciting if you ask me,” says Senior Manager, TMD, Oriol Agramont.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Oriol Agramont on +45 5234 2789.
This position was posted 11-07-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.