LEGO Systems, Inc. Sr. Sales Enablement Consultant in Boston, Massachusetts
Sr. Sales Enablement Consultant
Location USA, Boston
Posted Date 05/28/2018
Job ID US7296
Your specific tasks include:
You will work with the Sales Leadership on developing, implementing and manage non-selling operational activities for the LEGO Education Direct Sales team, providing close support to the teams to ensure business continuity, give critical insight and improve effectiveness.You will manage systems, tools, reports and analytics and give input to Sales Management, Sales Operations and Sales enablement.
The LEGO Education North America Direct sales team includes 15 fields executives and three support staff, including this position and two senior solution specialists. This role will be critical in supporting significant sales growth and customer expansion throughout the United States. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the k12 Education market from both a business, policy, and instructional perspective, as well as join a Globally recognized brand focused on learning.
Challenges and Opportunities
• Be a go-to resource for the Direct Sales team, supporting a wide-range of activities including, but not limited to:
o Managing team meetings and weekly collaboration/communication channels.
o Assist in the field as a necessary for meetings, conferences, and events
o Logistics and planning for Sales-led events
o Target Market and stakeholder research
o RFP, Grant and funding updates and support
o Sales dashboard and reporting
o Collaboration with National and Global Marketing teams.
• Work with the National Sales Management team to implement the annual go-to-market plan, identify productivity trends, and use insight from reporting to create and drive efficient processes to improve productivity
• Provide insights to Sales leaders on key business decisions and methods to increase Sales Rep productivity, and ensure that best practices are documented and communicated to all effected personnel
• Representing Direct Sales, work collaboratively within cross-functional project teams
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree, with business experience in operations, sales, marketing or similar
• Effectively work on multiple activities at the one time, setting priority levels and service delivery
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task with limited to normal supervision
• Strong communication skills both written and presentations
• Strong analytical skills in interpreting data to recommending actions
• Discretion with sensitive information – treating all as potentially confidential and/or proprietary
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio etc.
Bringing it to life…
“Being part of a unique organization within the LEGO Group provides opportunity to directly influence the business, but also require broad financial expertise. You will be close to the business and can clearly see the impact of your work. The culture in LEGO Education is rooted in the ambition to help every student to succeed and reach their full potential” says Head of Finance Business Partnering & Controlling, LEGO Education, Vivi Meidahl Højen.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.