LEGO Systems, Inc. Government & Public Affairs Sr. Manager  in Ciénega de Flores, Mexico
Government & Public Affairs Sr. Manager
Location Mexico, Ciénega de Flores
Posted Date 06/20/2018
Job ID MX538
Category Legal Affairs
At the LEGO Group we collaborate to create an extraordinary brand that inspires children, the builders of tomorrow.
We are looking for a Government & Public Affairs Sr. Manager who can develop an important role in the commercial and reputational growth of the LEGO Group through engagement with government policy makers and key stakeholders.
As leading role in this area, you will:
Build a favorable regulatory environment, goodwill with regulators, politicians, interest groups, NGOs and the local communities where we operate.
• Develop strategies to support commercial performance
• Expand stakeholder relationships and with government and institutions
• Build and sustain the LEGO Group’s reputation
Enable commercial performance through effective issues management, political assessments and responsiveness to critical business needs in Mexico and broader LATAM
Safeguard operations through identification and mitigation of political or regulatory threats related to tariffs, logistics, customs, security, environment and HR practices
Develop, expand and strengthen relationships with key political, regulatory, industry and community stakeholders and influencers to cultivate trust and grow influence
Support Sales and Marketing operations by engaging on policy issues that impact product flow and profitability and on relevant issues related to e commerce and data privacy.
Identify and leverage platforms to build the reputation profile of the LEGO Group and drive impact, often in partnership with the broader entities of the LEGO Brand Group (LEGO Group, LEGO Foundation, LEGO Education)
Collaborate with Communication, Local Community Engagement and other teams to ensure engagement with key influencers and decision makers is as effective as possible
Do you have what it takes?
• Experience: 6-8 years professional experience in working with government & public affairs in Mexico with a strong knowledge of regional and national legislative and regulatory processes
• Education: Bachelor’s degree, in Political Science, Economics, Business, Law or similar
• Skills: event and program development, coordination and execution across a variety of stakeholders. High drive, influence and excellent networker. Written and verbal communication skills necessary to translate complex issues and research into clear, compelling content for target audiences. Able to develop and cultivate credible relationships with policymakers, regulators, industry and thought leaders across political parties and ideologies.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“The LEGO® Group has a saying, “LEGO® before ego”. No one is selfish and you work to drive the business, not your own career. There is open communication and each employee invests time into getting to know their colleagues. “VP of Operations in Americas & Pacific
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact to Aldo Barrera firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.