LEGO Systems, Inc. Head of Partnering & Operations (Human Resources) in Ciénega de Flores, Mexico
Head of Partnering & Operations (Human Resources)
Location Mexico, Ciénega de Flores
Posted Date 07/24/2018
Job ID MX565
Category Human Resources
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
An opportunity for a self-confident, decisive leader with excellent collaboration skills, a bias for action combined with the emotional maturity and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Partnering & Operations Function:
This is a significant leadership role with breadth and depth in the Partnering & Operations realms of responsibility for the Monterrey Factory site.
Partnering & Operations has a broad scope of responsibilities and accountabilities and a team of approximately 140 employees across the globe; the structure is designed to have global reach with regional execution to drive impact with speed. Partnering & Operations is responsible for a variety of strategic and operational activities ranging from Benefits, Compliance and Employee Relations through coaching and team/leadership development to drive behavioral change that will result in high performing teams.
Partnering & Operations acts as an extension of ELT People Partners, Talent, Reward & Insights to drive the PO&D and Business agenda across the globe. We have relentless focus on delivering against key priorities, driving deployment and impact and finding ways to improve our operational excellence.
The Partnering & Operations team will leverage the specialized resources in the full People Operations & Development (PO&D) model for effectiveness; the team is responsible to collaborate across PO&D and be agile in our ability to best support the business need. We must be flexible and create a healthy tension in our partnering and operational model to ensure we achieve the right balance between support and business impact; prioritization will be critical in our overall success criteria.
This key role will lead a team dedicated to supporting the Monterrey site and will also work in close collaboration with our Business Service Organization to deliver strong support.
We seek an experienced, savvy individual who has demonstrated the ability to excel in a fast-paced, hands-on manufacturing environment. The position will be heavily involved in leading a variety of core processes and will play a leadership role in the following areas:
• PO&D partner to the General Manager of the factory site; act as the leader’s strategic advisor in driving the people operations & development agenda (partnering for performance, talent agenda and strategic workforce planning as examples).
• Understand, translate and drive the overarching PO&D priorities and agenda while respecting geographical or site nuances
• Focus on deployment and impact; HR core processes are a foundational capability for the company and are also at the core of Partnering & Operations
• Play a governance role to drive flawless and consistent execution across core Partner & Operations responsibilities (such as Employee Relations, Benefits, Policies, etc.)
• Leader, team player and coach who will promote cooperation among employees in the organization and an environment of employee engagement among direct reports as well as all functions within PO&D
• Identify capability opportunities and ensure that development activities are in place to develop a high performing team
• Partner with the BSO to ensure strong collaboration, cross-functional training and support to deliver HR support and operational tasks to the business
Other Personal Attributes:
• Strong record of accomplishment through personal drive and initiative, excellent collaboration skills, decision-making skills, demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with others
• Superb skills in stakeholder analysis, change management, relationship-building, managing conflict
• Ability to work with ambiguity as many aspects of the role need to be global in scope but local in execution
• At least 7+ years HR experience, or business relevant leadership experience in a factory setting, with experience working in both Union and non-Union employees
• Experience supporting and partnering with senior level business leaders across multiple functions in a factory setting
• Must have verbal and written business level proficiency in both English and Spanish languages. Spanish fluency preferred.
• Proven success in working in a global or matrixed organization
• Offer a data-driven approach to tactical and operational issues within the organization
• Ability to understand business needs and put relevant interventions/tools/processes to play in a value adding way
• Natural leadership abilities, with proven sound judgment, superior critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Ability and desire to travel 10%
How to apply:
Please use the APPLY NOW button above or below
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 860-763-7777, Option 4 (for TTY, dial 711) or RS_US@LEGO.com. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.