LEGO Systems, Inc. Brand Manager, Build & IP Adventure Play, Super Heroes in Enfield, Connecticut
Brand Manager, Build & IP Adventure Play, Super Heroes
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 08/03/2018
Job ID US7620
Category Brand Management
Help The LEGO® Group design and deliver innovative marketing campaigns.
The Brand Manager is responsible for driving the success of specific themes in the U.S. market. Under the leadership of the Americas Brand Director, the Brand Manager will connect the dots between consumer and shopper needs, KPIs and the LEGO Brand objectives to implement best-in-class marketing.
INTERVIEW PROCESS TIMELINE:
We are running an expedited interview process for SIX newly-posted roles in Marketing, including a Senior Manager, Events and Brand Activation, a Brand Manager, three Regional Brand Managers, and a Regional Trade Marketing Manager. First round phone screens will be conducted August 13th-16th; second round interviews will be held August 22nd-24th and third round interviews will be held August 29th-31st. While bids are not due until August 6th, please do you best to apply as soon as possible.
Are you passionate about marketing?
Marketing & Business Management
• Oversee brand marketing budget, planning, and execution for LEGO themes with an external IP (i.e. MARVEL & DC COMICS)
• Act as US Marketing liaison between LEGO and entertainment/IP licensor partners and lead co-development of marketing programs to drive recruitment and sales growth
• Develop and execute high-impact consumer marketing programs through collaboration with in-house and external creative and media agencies
• Establish common understanding internally and externally how each product line meets consumer needs for the segment and customer
• Lead the development of strategic business planning proposals, and may lead strategic projects as well
• Track and analyze business performance versus plan, and make real-time adjustments
• Develop and present business recommendations to leadership as necessary
• Present themes and marketing plans to external and internal stakeholders
• Co-develop marketing programs with IP partners to promote long-form content
Product Management, Trade Marketing, and Leadership
• Translate US market needs to global Product and Marketing Development (PMD) team, including tactical and strategic input to the Communication Toolbox, assortment size and price points, packaging, and profitability
• Develop and maintains a deep understanding of consumer and shopper needs
• Collaborate and align with Sales, Shopper Communications, Retail Marketing, Licensing and IP partners (if relevant) on topline objectives, strategies, and opportunities
• Work with Sales team to ensure high level alignment on priorities to drive the most effective marketing possible
• Takes initiative, recognizes and acts on opportunities
• Thrives and contributes best in a team setting
A global family with a shared vision.
The Brand Manager is responsible for driving the success of specific themes in the U.S. market. Under the leadership of the Americas Brand Director, the Brand Manager will connect the dots between consumer and shopper needs, KPIs and the LEGO Brand objectives to implement best-in-class marketing. Brand Marketing is responsible for developing, managing and executing highly impactful and efficient consumer marketing programs to build the LEGO brand among consumers and retail customers.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA strongly preferred or equivalent working experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in consumer products marketing (ideally with kids / family products)
• Experience in developing and leading product campaigns, including agency management
• Results orientated with successful experience in decision making, analytics, time management, and market innovation skills
• Effective relationship builder and negotiator who can collaborate across functions and business units
• Effective presentation and writing skills with the ability to convey a compelling and concise message, and to engage and inspire colleagues
• High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Power Point
• Domestic and International travel required
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“When I first joined the LEGO® Group a colleague told me, “If you want to work alone you go quickly, but if you work with others you will go far.” This is a good way of describing the collaborative culture here – at the LEGO® Group, working together is extremely important.”
Join the Brand Marketing Team
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavours to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.