LEGO Systems, Inc. Director, Corporate Brand Communications, Americas in Enfield, Connecticut
Director, Corporate Brand Communications, Americas
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 05/15/2018
Job ID US7256
Are you a master storyteller? Join a team whose purpose is to inspire and engage parents, children, influencers and colleagues in stories which bring the LEGO Brand Framework to life.
LEGO is consistently scored as one of the most loved and trusted brands in the world. We are looking for an individual to shape, advance and protect our story and reputation. Are you up for the challenge?
A vital role delivering on innovative, creative, and effective ways to generate excitement and protect and develop our values and reputation.
• Create and execute communications strategies and programs to strengthen the reputation of the LEGO Group in the Americas by translating the company’s brand framework into compelling narrative and activities across earned and owned channels.
• Engage stakeholders in the LEGO Group’s purpose and mission, with a focus on its social, environmental, education and economic contributions.
• Work with the public affairs and responsibility teams to develop and execute cohesive externally-facing activity, with a focus on effective stakeholder engagement on key responsibility topics.
• Collaborate with HR and other business leaders to position the LEGO Group as an employer of choice.
• Collaborate with corporate communications and brand relations teams to clearly define global corporate narratives and activation plans for Business Units within the Americas region.
• Provide issues and crisis management counsel and intelligence to local business and global teams.
• Represent the LEGO Group in appropriate industry, media and public forums aligned with corporate brand initiatives.
• Engage LEGO Group colleagues across the Americas in the company values, business plans and performance.
• Collaborate with the global team on strategy development, messaging and activation to ensure coherence.
• Be a valued communication partner to the Americas Leadership Team and LOM leadership.
• Effectively manage agency relationships in conjunction with the Americas Brand Relations team. The role currently has no direct reports.
Family ownership, global vision.
Every role within the LEGO Group presents its own individual set of challenges and opportunities. This opportunity is no different, as one of the most loved and trusted brands in the World, this role allows an individual to tell our unique story. The Director, Corporate Brand Communications, Americas will be responsible for advancing and protecting the LEGO Group’s corporate brand reputation in the Americas region through a variety of communications initiatives. The Director will translate global initiatives into effective, engaging and locally relevant internal and external communication programs across the Americas Business Units.
The role will be based in the Group’s Enfield Hub and complement the activity of Brand Activation which is currently part of the Americas marketing team. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Corporate Brand Communication, but will collaborate closely with functional and commercial leads in the Americas, including Government & Public Affairs, Corporate Social Responsibility, Legal, Operations (specifically LOM GM) and PO&D.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree within business, communications, or relevant field of study
• 15+ years’ experience in communications either in house or at an agency
• Outstanding communication capabilities; expert verbal and written communicator
• Creative thinker
• Excellent network and influencer
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally 1-2 times per month.
Bringing it to Life
“The LEGO brand is a global phenomenon, loved by generations around the world. This affection is the result of the strong values that come with family ownership, a powerful, authentic purpose, and an innovative product that inspires creativity. For a leading communications professional, this role provides a chance to tell stories that delight and inspire, while protecting the reputation of one of the most powerful brands in the world.”
Join the global LEGO® family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavours to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.