LEGO Systems, Inc. Independent Toy Dealer (ITD) Territory Representative in Enfield, Connecticut
Independent Toy Dealer (ITD) Territory Representative
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 08/09/2018
Job ID US7625
Location: Enfield, CT
Job Category: Sales
Are you Passionate about Sales and Customer Service?
The ITD Territory Representative Role is an entry level sales position that is responsible for the specialty toy channel customer base. This position comes with direct responsibility to manage both an exisiting book of business as well as new business prospects. The candidate will have the opportunity to build key sales skills that will support a future career path in key account management. Focus is placed on providing superior customer service, developing long term sustainable growth and establishing and maintaining brand equity with our retail partners.
Your specific tasks include:
• Deliver monthly and annual sales targets
• Build key fundamental skills in selling and negotiating
• Develop and sell in product listings, planograms, and marketing plans
• Understand the buyer and seller relationship including what is important to both and how to measure
• Understand the shelf, specifically the fundamentals of merchandising at the shelf and inventory management
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide best in class support to customer base
• Understand and execute the Go To Market principles and ITD Service Model within the assigned territory
• Plan, prepare and support customers at industry trade shows (i.e. NY Toy Fair, ASTRA Toy Show, etc.)
Challenges and Opportunities
In this ITD Territory Representative position, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to be an entrepreneur through owning their own territory of customers within the Toy Specialty Channel. This includes building and executing their own business and marketing plans that will ultimately deliver our customer value propostion and support the LEGO Brand. This role resides within a high profile part of the organization and directly impacts company sales. Additionally, this position is a highly collaborative position offering the opportunity to work closely with other departments such as Marketing and Operations.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
• Proven record of accomplishment, leadership and over achievement of goals
• Ability to be flexible and to manage multiple priorities while still achieving agreed upon deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate drive and curiosity
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work both independently and in team environment
• Self-motivated and highly organized with ability to work well in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (primarily Excel and Word).
Bringing it to Life
“When I first joined The LEGO® Group a colleague told me, “If you work alone you go quickly, but if you work with others you go far.” This is a good way of describing the collaborative culture here- at The LEGO® Group working together is extremely important.” – Sr. Director, Customer Logistics
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.