LEGO Systems, Inc. MANAGER, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE in Enfield, Connecticut
MANAGER, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 03/20/2018
Job ID US7058
Category Business Management
Help The LEGO® Group deliver transparency to business performance
This position contributes to ensuring the right data is in the right place to access information in the right form. This includes identifying the appropriate tools and processes. The job holder takes a holistic view of the data and its end use, and provides support cross-functionally.
Support and grow the Business Intelligence team
• Analyze, characterize and understand data sources, participate in design discussions and provide guidance about database technology best practices
• End to end data acquisition and organization
• Establish standard reports, dashboards, scorecards
• Identify data and reporting related tasks to be automated and implement streamlined processes
• Give input to platform teams to support initiatives such as the Data Lake, Machine Learning, Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics
• Accountable for the software development life cycle (from development through maintenance)
Play your part in our global success
As a “lead market” in Business Intelligence, this role could have a huge impact across the organization. The person in this position will bring unique capabilities that will enable us to escalate data driven analytics. The cross functional and cross geographic exposure for this role is significant.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or quantitative field
• Experience designing and implementing creative solutions to difficult data processing problems
• Proficiency in SQL
• Proficiency in visualization techniques; i.e. Tableau
• Business acumen, including Sales and Operations
• Strong communication and collaboration skills to properly develop needed solutions
Nice to have:
• Proficiency in a programming language like Python or Scala
• Working knowledge of SAP HANA
• Familiarity with R, Shiny
• Experience with Big Data technology such as AWS, Hadoop, Impala, Spark
• Knowledge of ETL/ELT processes and implementation for structured and unstructured data
• Experience in AGILE environment, which focuses on iterative development and testing
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
“The LEGO® Group is a growing, diverse, global organization with a long and proud history of serving the children and families of the world. In this role, the successful candidate is offered the opportunity to constantly learn and develop both professionally and personally. The charter to both support and drive change within the business in an engaging, dynamic and flexible work environment offers a unique challenge that I have found to be both inspirational and highly motivational.” – Henry Goh, Director, Business Enabling Finance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.