LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Manager, Events and Brand Activation in Enfield, Connecticut
Senior Manager, Events and Brand Activation
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 07/23/2018
Job ID US7473
Support The LEGO® Group with delivering on impactful and efficient digital marketing content.
The LEGO Events and Brand Activation function designs, develops and produces engaging, premium, high impact brand-in-hand out-of-home LEGO experiences for consumers that create emotional connections to drive brand trial and loyalty.
INTERVIEW PROCESS TIMELINE:
We are running an expedited interview process for SIX newly-posted roles in Marketing, including a Senior Manager, Events and Brand Activation, a Brand Manager, three Regional Brand Managers, and a Regional Trade Marketing Manager. First round phone screens will be conducted August 13th-16th; second round interviews will be held August 22nd-24th and third round interviews will be held August 29th-31st. While bids are not due until August 6th, please do you best to apply as soon as possible.
Are you passionate about marketing?
• Manage creation, identification, evaluation and activation of integrated experiential programs in the U.S. that enhance brand equity and reinforce brand/product marketing initiatives through hands-on building fun and brand immersion
• As subject matter expert in brand experiences, collaborate with Americas Marketing Management, Americas Brand Managers, and U.S. Trade Marketing team to provide strategic counsel and tactical support in creating experiential event programs to support key marketing priorities and objectives
• Strategically spar with Americas market teams (U.S., Canada, LatAm) on brand experiences and activation, fostering a sense of community, collaboration and best-practice sharing in the region and globally
• Collaborate with relevant global, regional and local brand partners (e.g. studios, theme parks, strategic partners, etc.) to secure and activate premium brand expression in co-developed or adjacent consumer engagement experiences
• Collaborate with LEGO Retail to further integrate mobile retail options to branded experiences, as relevant
• Collaborate with LEGO Agency Americas, U.S. Model Shop, and external agencies to design, develop, produce and activate branded events and experiences
• Collaborate with global brand development, PMD and global LEGO Agency to create and activate globally developed brand experiences and events, as relevant
• Build and nurture a relevant network of industry contacts
• Manage positive, ongoing external partner and agency relationships
• Assess and respond to incoming requests for brand participation in third-party events
• Negotiate favorable terms with venues, agency partners and vendors to execute highly effective, high quality events that have lasting impact, transcendent value, and long-term viability
A global family with a shared vision.
The LEGO Group is a family-owned, international business and quality shapes everything we do. The LEGO Brand Relations Department is responsible for developing, managing and executing highly impactful and efficient marketing communications programs to build the LEGO brand image and drive awareness and demand for LEGO products and experiences among consumers, shoppers and the public at large. The LEGO Events and Brand Activation function designs, develops and produces engaging, premium, high impact brand-in-hand out-of-home LEGO experiences for consumers that create emotional connections to drive brand trial and loyalty.
The Senior Manager, Events and Brand Activation drives strategic development and implementation of experiential LEGO brand marketing. The role develops and oversees hands-on, live, out-of-home consumer engagement experiences designed to recruit new users to the brand and deepen affinity among active users through a variety of owned and third-party activations. Brand experiences range from trade shows (e.g. Toy Fair), fan conventions (e.g. Comic-Con, VidCon), industry events, national mobile tours/traveling shows, live stunts, ticketed events, third-party venues (e.g. malls, festivals, state fairs, air shows, etc.).
Do you have what it takes?
• A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5-7 years in a marketing/event agency or corporation managing event marketing/experiential programs, national tours and special projects
• Inherent strategic thinker with a natural ability to envision solutions and develop sound activation plans and strategic processes to support activation
• Strong project management, planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task several priorities simultaneously
• Negiotiation and decision making skills
• Intimate familiarity with event planning, event production, event management, and brand activation, with a proven track record of success
• Agency management
• Self-starter with great instincts
• Resourceful and motivated problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated team leadership ability and strong followership
• Ability to effectively manage within budget parameters as well as manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Polished, professional presence, poise, confidence and the ability to articulate messages in a clear, concise and enthusiastic manner
• Energized by fast-paced work day with strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with ability to act as brand ambassador, brand spokesperson and brand trainer
• Excel in relationship mangement and ability to work in a team environment (internal and external) to accomplish goals/objectives
• Solid understanding of the entire Marketing ecosystem and ability to integrate Marketing functions (e.g. PR, social, digital, retail) to maximize experiential impact
• Demonstrated ability/experience in presentations internally and externally
• Background or project work indicating a strong interest in consumer packaged goods, consumer insights or the toy industry
• Must be fluent in English; working knowledge of Spanish and/or French are a plus
• Requires ability to travel as necessary domestically (and potentially internationally), including weekends
Join the Brand Marketing Team
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavours to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.