LEGO Systems, Inc. Sr. Tax Manager, US & CA in Enfield, Connecticut
Sr. Tax Manager, US & CA
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 04/12/2018
Job ID US7143
The Sr. Tax Manager is a role within the Business Advisory team reporting directly to the Head of North America & Retail Tax.
The role is to be close to the business, advise the business on different projects and help creating visibility on taxes and lifting the strategic focus on taxes.
Your specific tasks include:
Further to keep focus on local US and Canadian tax developments and focus tax risk management, being able to detect, perceive and take actions on risks and opportunities.
• Evaluate and advise on the tax impact for projects in the business such as E-commerce, Brand Retail and to the factories in the region. Support Head of North America & Retail Tax on global retail tax matters.
• Tax advice for the area, being a link between the technical analysis from Planning & Structuring team and the business with specific reference to Operations. In addition, strong link to Tax Operations & Compliance team to ensure tax governance on income tax compliance activities.
• Responsible for managing income tax audits for the US and Canadian legal entities and collaborate with the Tax Policy & Controversy Director
• Tax Risk & opportunity finding and work with Planning & Structuring team (and other tax teams) to assure the mitigation plan is pursued.
• Monitor local legislation & advises on general income tax matters in line with framework set by Tax Policy & Controversy director and global experts. Also support on transfer pricing activities as needed.
Challenges and Opportunities
• Directly advising the business and creating value for The LEGO Group
• Global context and environment
• Always new challenges and learnings
• Energetic and strong team worldwide to work with
We are never settling for good enough; we are building the tax department of tomorrow and shaping how business tax advice will look like in the future.
Do you have what it takes? (Written in priority order – Up to 8 points)
• MIN 7 years work experience in Tax. The role is a generalist role covering mostly direct taxes – indirect tax and customs experience would be a plus;
• Big 4 experience would be a plus;In-house experience is preferred
• CPA preferred.
• Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Willingness to travel (required to travel 1-3 times internationally)
• Able to work in MS Office environment
• SAP knowledge is preferred
• Able to adapt to the new way of working environment
Bringing it to Life
“Working in Strategic Tax & Customs is exciting and a challenging environment, working with a forward thinking and talented team, in a culture and organisation which is totally awesome.” Peter Sand, Head of Tax Governance
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.