LEGO Systems, Inc. US Applied Analytics Manager in Enfield, Connecticut
US Applied Analytics Manager
Location USA, Enfield
Posted Date 08/02/2018
Job ID US7613
Category Supply and Demand
Location: Enfield, CT, USA
Job Category: Demand Planning
Help The LEGO® Group deliver the right products to the right places at the right time
The mission of the US Applied Analytics Manager is to ensure that the most up-to-date forecasts and promotion effectiveness insights are being used in the Account and Demand Planning planning cycle in order to create informed scenario-based plans, to better serve the customer and to reduce mix-error. This will help the US Business Unit anticipate market trends in a more systematic, fact-based way.
The US Applied Analytics Manager will also develop and maintain forecasting methodologies, while challenging existing assumptions. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lift the Business Insights function to a new level through building Account and Demand Planning capabilities in an important area, driving value for the LEGO Group.
Support and grow the Americas Region Operations Team
• Market Operations Analytics – Utilize predictive analytic approaches to develop forecasts on a rolling basis to support the US Market Operations organization, and find new insights.
• Standardize and Align Forecasting process across Market Ops – Implement, maintain and innovate consumer sales forecasting methodologies employed on the Short Term with a secondary focus on Mid Term and Long Term horizons.
• Change & Stakeholder Management – Collaborate and engage with stakeholders to discuss demand analysis and forecast results, trends and ways to improve.
• Act as a point person with DP CoE and CAA.
• Coaching & User Development - Provide coaching in advanced analytics to the US Market Operations organization.
Challenges and Opportunities
In this role, you will be dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty in the business environment and also have the opportunity to be creative and open minded when new problems and opportunities present themselves. You will maintain and enhance statistical models with the latest techniques, systems and methodologies in order to improve accuracy.
What you’ll need:
• 5+ years of data analytical experience in business setting; ideally a demand/forecasting functional area
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a business or analytics related field (Economics, Statistics, Operations), MBA preferred
• 2-3 years of experience with statistical software packages such as R, SAS, and SPSS as well as familiarity with RDMS programming languages such as SQL
• Ability to work autonomously and be creative in the development of solutions
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally both internally and externally
• Strong technical and process mapping experience
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Displays influential leadership capabilities
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
“The LEGO® Group is a growing, diverse, global organization with a long and proud history of serving the children and families of the world. In this role, the successful candidate is offered the opportunity to constantly learn and develop both professionally and personally. The charter to both support and drive change within the business in an engaging, dynamic and flexible work environment offers a unique challenge that I have found to be both inspirational and highly motivational.” – Henry Goh, Director, Business Enabling Finance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavors to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.