LEGO Systems, Inc. Demand & Customer Planning Manager, Japan in Minato-ku, Japan
Demand & Customer Planning Manager, Japan
Location Japan, Minato-ku, J-Tokyo
Posted Date 07/13/2018
Job ID JP156
Category Supply and Demand
Help grow the LEGO® brand in Japan to grow.
We’re looking for a change driver who is passionate for numbers & enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will be the key bridge between consumer & customer demand and LEGO Supply Production for Japan. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented with strong logical & analytical mindset.
Work with one of the world’s most powerful brands
The Demand & Customer Planning Manager is part of Market Operation team in LEGO Japan. provides support to the high performing Operations, Sales and Marketing teams through comprehensive data analysis of information from all major customers including inventory, customer business plans and promotional planning to achieve the most accurate and effective execution of the LEGO Japan business plans together with our retail partners. The main responsibility for this position is to accurately forecast supply and demand for LEGO Japan and provide best-in-class retail partner collaboration by optimising customer inventory and effectively plan the flow of goods with our customers while linking the information to local Operations and Sales teams.
Your tasks will include:
Supply & Demand Management and Forecasting (50%)
• Collaborate with Marketing team and Sales team to plan product launches and promotional volume estimates, customer product mix, theme and account flow model and objectives/strategies according to trend analyses
• Create and maintain baseline forecasts and add market intelligence to statistically created inputs that will improve its accuracy
• Drive theme level deep-dive analysis, and conduct piece level forecasting
• Monitor, check and approve stock requests and quote stock for promotions for allocated accounts/customers
• Drive monthly S&OP process providing customer insights specifically on promotional activity
• Prepare analyses and deliverables for monthly S&OP cycle in collaboration with the regional Demand/Supply Planning teams
• Update SAP APO as a part of monthly Demand Plan submission, and weekly mini-submission (Adjustment to the monthly Demand Plan)
Customer Planning (15%)
• Provide insights to and support the Customer Business Planning in coordination with the Sales Director and Account Managers
• Support the LEGO CVP (Customer Value Proposition) to improve customer relationships and ensure best-in-class supplier planning, reporting and support
• Interact with Sales Account Managers to meet customer reporting requirements and analyse customer needs to improve on internal reporting structure and processes
• Link the local LEGO Sales and Operations team with customer inventory planning teams
• Manage the setup of weekly promotional activity tracking by customer
• Conduct forecast and customer promotional effectiveness analyses for key trading periods such as Golden/Silver week, Christmas, NY Sale and others. Highlight and challenge inconsistencies between LEGO CVP goals and actual or planned promotional execution
Retail and Local DC Inventory Management(15%)
• Develop and maintain In-stock reporting to best assess the state of LEGO market inventory, including set up of local reporting, coordination with regional team on best practices and drive updates of retail product listings
• Present market inventory situation and discuss current issues/gaps in weekly cross-functional business update meeting (Business Performance Review)
• Own APAC & BU Reporting related to In stock
• Makes recommendation for retail closing stock (RCS) spans per theme
• Creates proactive Exit/excess inventory process, and drive Sales team to reduce scrap exposures and create more sales opportunities
• Provides input for Service Level Classification (safety stock) setting, as well as collaborate with the regional Supply Planning team on local inventory reporting
Continuous Improvements & Project (10%)
• Integrate the LEGO continuous improvement (LCI) mindset through active participation in visual management meetings and demonstrate recommendation and solution-orientated behavior.
• Work with various cross-functional teams on projects such as new product launches, line extensions and product discontinuations. Demonstrate sound business decision making aligned with company goals.
Ad hoc business analysis & reporting (5%)
• Support business with on-demand analysis and reporting
• Invest in staying up-to-date through strong IDP (Individual Development Plan) to maximise your career potential within The LEGO Group
• Participate and drive projects within Japan and/or the wider APAC organization
The Must to Have’s and the Nice to Have’s for the role
You must have –
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Business Intelligence is highly preferred
• 3-5 years in a Supply/Demand planning, Financial Planning, Business Analysis, or Consulting is preferable
• Strong analytical, logical thinking, data management and problem-solving skills
• Track record of strong collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, as well as standalone/independent working capability
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, in particular
• Advanced level Excel skill (Macro is preferred but not must)
• Critical thinking, Change Driving and Continuous improvement mindset
• Advanced Japanese and English written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in international environment with constant interactions with stakeholders/teams with different cultural and geographical background
• Presentation skills
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
This is a great opportunity to take a globally loved brand in one of the most uniquely exciting countries in the world. In our team, we are pioneers in a sense; we uncover new areas of development, implement solutions for the first time, and can leave a clear footprint. At the same time, support and inspiration is always ‘online’ from colleagues anywhere in the world.