LEGO Systems, Inc. Digital Merchandiser e-Commerce (m/w) in Munich, Germany
Digital Merchandiser e-Commerce (m/w)
Location Germany, Munich
Posted Date 07/11/2018
Job ID DE1005
Are you the highly motivated and engaging team player we are looking for? Can we build something great together? Do you want to play in the e-Commerce Merchandising arena?
The LEGO e-Commerce team optimises the digital findability, visual presentation and the online and mobile sales of the LEGO brand and product portfolio. It is our objective to offer shoppers a unique and top-quality LEGO experience to generate high brand affinity and to increase LEGO sales.
How you will contribute in this role
• You’ll work collaboratively and proactively with our partners to improve the presentation of the LEGO brand and our offers to assure an optimal execution of all defined activity plans (i.e. novelty presentation, promotions, legal copy, LEGO logos, assets, videos, etc.) on websites and apps of our retail partners.
The team’s main objectives are to work towards improving the topics of “Findability”, “Viewability”, “Shoppability” and “Measurability”
• You’ll be responsible for Amazon AMS and AMG steering, meaning you’ll brief our agency, tool and algorithm partners to define and deploy keyword strategies and media campaigns. You’ll drive automation and standardisation where possible and add a manual touch where needed to optimise results and performance. You’ll also stand for the look & feel, as well as the organic content of LEGO on Amazon Retail in Germany, and you’ll plan and steer AMG campaigns including tests of new shopper and occasion focused opportunities.
This all happens in close collaboration with the LEGO Key Account Manager and is supported by our global e-Commerce network
• You’ll be responsible for optimising placement and findability of our offers with regards to organic search (SEO) keywords, categories and search filters all done in collaboration with marketing and content teams to drive results
• You’ll analyse relevant data and generate insights in collaboration with internal departments (Marketing & Sales) and external partners, this will then off you an opportunity to actively drive, test & learn new approaches
• You’ll independently assure that the LEGO e-Commerce guidelines are implemented at the highest level of quality
• You’ll coordinate the utilisation of materials and assets by means of our LEGO ASSET PORTAL (LAP) by sharing and communicating news and opportunities. You’ll develop and share newsletters and create galleries to push drive campaigns and novelty assets
• You’ll actively gather best practice examples and share them with the organisation
A global family with clutch power
The LEGO Group is an internationally operating, family owned business and one of the largest toy manufacturers. It is built on the successful interplay of our uniquely talented people. As part of our team, you will belong from day one, be supported, be empowered and be allowed the necessary freedoms to unlock and develop your full potential.
The e-Commerce team is an essential piece within our organisation, particularly with regards to promoting and show-casing our products in online retail. We are core to collaborating with and supporting all retail channels within Europe Central (EUC – D A CH) and we drive pan European and Global innovation.
To deliver on our “LEGO Group Partner Promise” we work closely with partners to develop and achieve strong joint business plans and to bring them to market at the highest level of quality.
Furthermore, we strive to optimise the LEGO Customer Value Proposition and make it a solid foundation for our business plan activities to deliver mutually beneficial results.
Do you have what it takes to play?
• 2-3 years experience in a search ageny, media agency, web/digital agency or as part of a digital department
• Experience with a technology based start-up is welcome
• Expert knowledge in the area of search, keyword optimisation or search engines (Google Adwords, SEA, SEM, SEO, Amazon AMS)
• Expert who brings curiosity in the field of new technologies and digital commerce, including the ability to understand complex context and technical questions and their impact on online and mobile commerce. Paired with the ability to apply them into consumer and shopper experiences
• Independent person and working with a continuous drive for improvement
• You are confident in your ability to influence the LEGO digital agenda within retailer organisations
• Ability to think cross-functionally and collaboratively
• You ground decisions on facts, data points and validated insights by applying your analytical way of working when appropriate
• Proven customer orientation with a track record of successful implementations and the development of customer insights
• Advanced understanding of the path to purchase funnel, the digital retail landscape and the dynamic of e-Commerce and Omnichannel
• Strong ability to network and high social competency
• Fluent in German (equivalent to native speaker level) and English
• Advanced knowledge using Microsoft Office and navigating Online environments and tools (Software, Hardware, Networks, APIs, Web, Mobile, Apps, Digital)
Bring it to life
“This job is a great combination of creative tasks around digital content and visualisation, paired with test & learn approaches. I had the opportunity to repeatedly shape and influence the way in which shoppers are experiencing the LEGO brand digitally. The e-Commerce is a place with great team spirit and unique individuals. All members work collaboratively towards the common goal of creating excitement with children for LEGO products. To me this role felt both special and rewarding.”
Join the LEGO family!
We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV in English.