LEGO Systems, Inc. Business Intelligence Developer in Nyíregyháza, Hungary
Business Intelligence Developer
Location Hungary, Nyíregyháza
Posted Date 06/08/2018
Job ID HU1710
Category Information Technology
Department Focus Area
The Business Intelligence (BI) department is a part of the Business Technology (BT) organization in the LEGO Group. The main commitment for the BI department is to move the LEGO group forward towards becoming a data-driven company and is actively contributing on this path.We leverage a state of the art SAP BW on HANA platform as a strong foundation where the main focus is about delivering a significant Business Value Proposition by providing BI solutions for our business and functional areas that support the commercial momentum, efficiency and productivity aspirations, consolidate data insights globally and automate these to a large extent.
The department is organized across three main areas – a Business Analysis & Quality Assurance, Development (with a strong backup in a managed services setup in an offshore centre) and a BI capabilities area with focus on BI Capabilities, BI operations and BI architectural support.
As a BI consultant in the Development domain your main responsibilities will be the following:
• Build and enhance BW technical objects - InfoObjects, InfoCubes, InfoSources/Data Sources, Master Data, Transformations, Update Rules, DSO, Extractors, Infosets, Aggregates, Process Chains, DTPs, User Exits, etc.
• Leverage the Front-end toolset (Webi, Lumira, SAP Analytics Cloud) to provide state of the art reporting, exploration and visualisation solutions
• Participate in implementation and testing of SAP SPS upgrades and service pack enhancements.
• Own regression test cases and execution
• Create and enhance BEX queries for business users that are used for reporting.
• Ensure that the technology and the detailed technical solutions manifested follow the highest standards of the BI Suite.
• Cater for the specific needs of the advanced “Analytic Workbench” users in terms of guided Data Lake setups, real time replication of sources, connecting different data environments into a business context for ad-hoc reporting and prototyping
• Provide active support as part of a virtual network of skilled experts (Big Data / Advanced Analytics / Corporate BI)
• Actively participate in pilots to leverage new technology/solutions and deliver Minimum Viable Products to test out concepts – distributes knowledge/learning points to peer
Do you have what it takes?
• Solid background of at least 3-5 years hands-on experience in SAP BI and state of the art front-end BI tools including Business Objects solutions and a clear understanding of the key SAP BW on HANA capabilities
• Track record of being a team player and have the ability to easily adapt into new environments and values
• It is an advantage to having been exposed to Agile ways of working
• University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
• Excellent communication skills
• Thorough and organized personality
• Ability to drive new development processes forward and help shape projects
• Openness to travel (mainly to Billund/London) – (10-15%)
• Fluent in written and verbal English
Bring it to life
“I would encourage all of you talented individuals to apply NOW, if working with the newest Business Intelligence technology, being directly exposed to the business areas and having great fun in a super team is the place for you to be!”
Why to join the global family of LEGO Group?
• Each of us can build her/his own LEGO Story – we support development of our employees
• We all use the same language regardless of a position or title – family working environment
• Interesting tasks, professional work conditions and competitive benefits are waiting for you – we take care of our employees
• We recycle waste – we care about the environment
• LEGO elements in all meeting rooms – we support creativity and play
If you are confident that you have what it takes to succeed in this role and you share our commitment to creativity, teamwork and quality, apply now.