LEGO Systems, Inc. Key Account Manager in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Key Account Manager
Location Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
Posted Date 09/13/2018
Job ID MY58
Are you a fun & highly-charged Sales professional that loves working in a newly formed sales subsidiary?
Are you an ambitious individual, filled with a strong driving force to increase sales growth & genuine interest in establishing strong internal & external partnership?
The LEGO Group is rapidly expanding into Asia and we are seeking talent to help secure our long-term growth and success in the region.
In 2014, LEGO established its office in Malaysia to better serve and reach Malaysian consumers. We are seeking a talented and experienced Key Account Manager to be a key contributor and driving force within LEGO Malaysia to ensure the company fulfils its growth ambitions while holding true to the global LEGO Brand mission and values.
The key responsibilities of the Key Account Manager will be to manage key partner accounts that account for a significant portion of the turnover of LEGO Malaysia and develop strategic customer business plans that will drive sales growth. The incumbent will maintain an accurate and healthy sales forecast over a 12-month horizon that meets the demands of the customers/consumers and be proactive to changes in actual demand. This will be achieved by having a holistic understanding of market trends, a solid relationship with key partner accounts and executing trade initiatives to optimize sales opportunities.
Your specific tasks include:
Manage key accounts and participate in joint business planning, promotion and assortment planning and daily work with the account with the following main tasks:
Negotiation and selling
Preparing customer business plans
Consumer sales tracking and analysis
Prepare customer meetings and monthly
Preparing, analysing and following up on planogrammes
Participate in customer meetings and independently drive chosen projects.
Carry out shop visits.
• Participate in forecasting/sales plan process – at both country and customer level, including observing deadlines for input as well as support for other sales team members.
• Interact with functions like Marketing & Operations both within Malaysia and regionally at APAC level.
1) Deliver an accurate sales forecast on piece level for a 12-month horizon for each specific customer and translate into sales.
2) Accurate customer business planning to deliver on detailed budgets and selling in targets.
3) Long term strategic customer business planning to achieve future growth expectations.
KPIs would be:
Sell In & Consumer Sales – how precise are we in estimating and delivering on our sales objectives.
Execution bias – how good are we selling what we forecast.
Customer Pulse and Customer business planning- how good are we at understanding the customer business and using that knowledge to build and execute a customer business plan that is fully aligned to the overall SBU strategy and marketing objectives.
Challenges and Opportunities
The Key Account Manager will get the opportunity of working in a small, dynamic sales organization – securing world class implementation of Sales/Marketing plans and campaigns and also and learn how to work with a great number of people – internally and externally.
The Key Account Manager will be part of the larger Singapore & Malaysia Business Unit.
Do you have what it takes?
• 5+ years working with Key accounts, preferably within FMCG or Branded Retail industry.
• 5+ years’ experience working in cross-functional environment
• 5+ years’ experience in selling and negotiation
• Strong communication skills and must be fluent in spoken and written English
• Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Proven sales track record focusing on growth achievements
• Ability to converse in Malay and/or Mandarin will be an added advantage
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate within a team
• Strong analytical abilities and take own initiative in making recommendations
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“You get to work with some amazing people at LEGO and that’s a great thrill. It’s also been extremely rewarding to bring the LEGO culture into a new location. I have been able to build my teams here from the ground up. Even though it’s a global company and we have immense ambitions for the brand, The LEGO Group has a family spirit where the individual matters. You feel like the people around you want you to succeed and that’s incredibly motivating.” Tina Christensen, Vice President, Market - Adventure & IP