LEGO Systems, Inc. Trade Marketing Manager in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Trade Marketing Manager
Location Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
Posted Date 07/13/2018
Job ID MY56
LEGO Malaysia was established in 2014 and has recently become part of a Business Unit cluster with Singapore.
As part of an expanding organization of nearly 30 employees, the Marketing team of currently 8 people.The team is searching for a Trade Marketing Manager who will be working closely internally with especially the Brand Marketing and Sales teams, and externally with Key Accounts and various external partners including third party agencies.
In driving the Malaysia business forward and achieving its commercial ambitions both short- and long term, Trade Marketing plays a vital role, where focus will be to continuously improve LEGOs brand presence and campaign execution across trade through excellence in in-store planning, execution, and tracking in alignment with the annual marketing priorities.
Ultimately, it is Trade Marketing’s objective to secure high impact and efficiency across trade related activities both short- and long term.
Deliver results, from the ground up
• Lead and manage the development of impactful in-store campaigns in collaboration with Brand Marketing and Sales
• Lead and manage planning and implementation of LEGO in-store platforms including the customer store opening and upgrade strategy
• Lead and manage activation programs with retail and mall partners for high brand visibility, recruitment of new shoppers/ consumers, and sales results
• Lead and manage third party merchandising agency i.e. ensuring to train and provide direction in alignment with the annual marketing strategy and in- store priorities
• Lead and manage the planogram strategy and implementation i.e. lead the product theme, SKU and price point assortment strategy based on customer and store segmentation, classification and prioritization.
• Develop partnerships with Account Managers, Merchandisers, and Customers i.e. equipping them with necessary confidence and insights to trade marketing priorities and promotional campaigns etc.
Grow with us
The LEGO Group is a more than 85 years old family owned company who are true to the values of inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. LEGO Malaysia is a relatively young organization and being part of a growing business and marketing team creates opportunities for making shaping the organization. This role offers the opportunity to collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders both nationally and internationally as well prospects of working with global best-in-class trade marketing practices and developing the business of one of the strongest brands in the world in a relatively new market.
What we’re looking for:
• At least six years of trade marketing or retail experience in a multi-national corporation
• Knowledge of end-to-end sales and marketing processes
• Proactive, self-driving and entrepreneurial attitude
• Positive and outgoing approach to business
• Understanding of the benefits of collaborative working and the skills needed to achieve it
• Strong analytical, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Masters degree in Marketing related area
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Proficiency in English and Malay
• Willingness to travel regionally and overseas
Join the global family of The LEGO® Group
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
The LEGO® Group is committed to the expansion of its presence and involvement in Asia. You will be at the forefront of this expansion and bring this ambition to life. LEGO® has a family-oriented work culture and we place collaboration and winning-together spirit as important ingredients for success. - Dick Yoong, Country Manager Malaysia