LEGO Systems, Inc. (Junior) Business Analyst in Praha 3, Czech Republic
(Junior) Business Analyst
Location Czech Republic, Praha 3
Posted Date 05/17/2018
Job ID CZ1647
The Business Analyst will report to Regional Business Intelligence Director and be part of the regional Business Intelligence team located in our Prague head office and consisting of 4 young people of different nationalities.
The REEMEA Market Group is one of the fastest growing business units within The LEGO Group and covers 96 countries in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa region.The key role of the Business Analyst is to ensure that we continue to develop the way we integrate consumer sales figures in our decision making. He or she must be a valued business partner in our key decision processes, bringing data-based insights and recommendations. The Business Analyst will work together with Business Intelligence managers in the same team.
Your mission will be to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through:
• Generating valuable insights and conclusions from the available data and providing proactive recommendations to enable quick and efficient decision making across the business unit. This includes providing standard reporting as well as ad hoc analysis.
• Developing and implementing better reporting and analytical tools, driving standardization across the countries
• Co-developing a Multi-data portal/Big data projects
• Processing of both external and internal data, Preparations of presentation
• Facilitating greater data coverage and data consistency across our region
• Being part of the LEGO network of Business Analysts, i.e. taking part in the opportunities to improve the standard reporting and seeking to share best practice within the network
• You have university degree and at least 1-2 years experience with analyzing data, drawing conclusions and bringing data-based recommendations
• You are able to understand the specific information needs of stakeholders and provide appropriate analysis and actionable recommendations from the data you see
• You are able to extract the essential information from a large set of data. You are able to put insights into a larger (tactical/strategic) context. You are not just a number cruncher, but are passionate about looking for a meaning in the data
• You are highly proficient in both verbal and written English. Ability to speak and write other CEE languages is an advantage.
• You are a good communicator, able to articulate the right messages and efficiently communicate with people on different levels, in different countries and from different functional areas and cultures.
• You love to work with numbers and people. You find new cultures very exciting and enjoy working with them.
• You are strongly action- and result-oriented
• You have strong PC skills (especially Excel)
• NOTE: The person will be employed by an external agency, the contract is for period of 1 year with possibility to prolong the contract
In LEGO group we put immense pride and enthusiasm into our work. Not only because we love what we do, but because our ultimate purpose couldn’t be more important. Our mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow by engaging children across the world in positive play and hands-on, minds-on creativity. Whether we’re delivering a building set, a digital application or an educational experience, children are our main concern and the ultimate reason for everything we do.
The key role of the regional Business Intelligence team in the REEMEA region (Russia, CEE, Middle East and Africa) is to deliver high quality and relevant business insights enabling understanding of the business reality in real time, predicting the future trends enabling to conclude the right business decisions through simulation of multiple scenarios.