LEGO Systems, Inc. Corporate Communications Manager, China in Shanghai, China
Corporate Communications Manager, China
Location China, Shanghai
Posted Date 06/04/2018
Job ID CN1620
Are you a professional who is seeking a purpose-drive communication role?
Here’s a fantastic job for you to be a part of our Global Corporate Brand Communication in the LEGO® Group. This is a role where you are able to make a massive impact on our business in China and support the sustainable globalization of the LEGO Group.Join us and help the LEGO business bring fun play experiences to more children around the world.
Purpose of role
Play an important role in creating and implementing integrated corporate communications strategies and activation plans to promote the reputation of the LEGO Group in China.
Primary focuses of the role will be developing and executing external and internal communication strategies for the group’s social and environmental responsibility programs, including China-specific CSR projects and support rollout of relevant global corporate brand communications campaigns. Engaging top-tier Chinese media stakeholders around the CSR agenda is also part of the role. The person in this position will also play an active role in supporting internal and factory communications in China.
The role reports directly to the Director, Corporate Communication China, but will collaborate closely with Social and Environmental Responsibility, Government & Public Affairs, PO&D, China Market Group teams and Jiaxing Factory leaders, etc. The role is about 60% external communications and 40% internal communications.
Your tasks will include:
• Develop and implement annual integrated communications strategies and plans to promote the reputation of the TLG as a responsible company among Chinese stakeholders.
• Create compelling contents and identify effective channels for storytelling in an innovative way.
• Build annual strategic media outreach plans to engage editors and journalists at top-tier Chinese media and pitch positive coverages on the social/environmental responsibility agenda.
• Enhance internal communications at TLG China on key business strategies and performances, values and mission.
• Optimize internal communications contents and ensure efficient delivery, e.g. email newsletter.
• Generate China stories for global internal communications.
• Provide corporate communications supports to Jiaxing factory.
• Collaborate with PO&D (HR) and business leaders to position LEGO as an employer of choice in China.
• Develop, update or localize TLG corporate communications tools and assets to support external stakeholder engagement in China.
• Manage media monitoring and act as coordinator when media crisis happen.
• Support other external-facing communications and events as needed.
Do you have what we are looking for?
You must have:
• Bachelor or above in business / communications.
• 6+ years’ of solid experience working in communication roles, preferably in a global company based in China.
• Experience in both external and internal communications.
• Successful track-record building and protecting the reputation of a global brand and creating an engaging corporate narrative.
• Experience managing complex issues and crisis
• Strong written and spoken English
It would be nice for you to have:
• Willing to learn and work in the LEGO environment.
• Self driven with a creative mindset and focused on making the environment for stakeholders and employees a fun place to work.
Join the global family of LEGO
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"It is fascinating to be part of an organization that builds a better tomorrow for children. Although being a support function you are fully aware that your efforts have a huge impact. It is great to be part of immense growth plans and globalization, and that you never know what tomorrow brings."