LEGO Systems, Inc. Head of Experience, Afterschool China in Shanghai, China
Head of Experience, Afterschool China
Location China, Shanghai
Posted Date 08/03/2018
Job ID CN1689
Are you an experienced Leader in the Education industry who can take our LEGO Education Afterschool concept, content, and marketing to the next level?
Here’s a fantastic job for you to become a part of our LEGO® Education organization in the LEGO® Group.It is a great job for you to start a fantastic career, in close collaboration with the team accountable for executing the Afterschool business ensure we deliver a world-class learning experience that offers true learning progression to students, whilst overseeing and upholding top class brand execution on behalf of LEGO Group.
For more than 37 years LEGO Education have been working with teachers and educational specialists to deliver playful learning experiences that bring subjects to life in the classroom and make learning fun and impactful. Our solutions for teaching and hands-on learning inspire interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), targeted at early learning, primary and secondary school. We have a wide range of physical and digital educational resources that encourage students to think creatively, reason systematically and release their potential to shape their own future.
LEGO Education is on a mission to deliver amazing learning experiences that will prepare today’s children for the world and careers of tomorrow. We deliver STEAM based learning that encourages children engage in in their learning experience, both with their hands and minds.
In every market that we work in, we strive to play a role in the education ecosystem, delivering our innovative learning solutions to schools all over the world. In China, we have a growing presence in the K12 public system and see our hands-on learning solutions support a systemic change that is moving towards STEAM learning and 21st Century Skills. We are on a mission to grow that even further also within after schools.
The LEGO Education Afterschool business in China is focused on our presence in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities. We have a modest reach into the market today, and it is our ambition to grow the size, quality and impact of our business considerably.
The Head of Experience for Afterschool China will be responsible for the overall concept and experience development, the team developing the content, assessment tools, teacher training programs, overall marketing plan as well as the in-center experience for the LEGO Education Afterschool centers in China comprising among other elements also the Visual Identity of centers.
Your tasks will include:
Head of Experience for the LEGO Education Afterschool China, leading the team and being responsible for the overall concept.
• Be on the forefront of the Chinese after school market with a desire to develop the builders of tomorrow through a premium after school experience with focus on hands-on STEAM learning through the use of LEGO Education solutions.
• Pro-actively build-up and drive the development of curriculum content and assessment tools for students, for the LEGO Education Afterschool Centers in China
• Lead the development of the consumer experience in the LEGO Education Afterschool centers in China while working closely with our local partners to deliver a premium concept.
• Develop a strong training concept to ensure high quality training and assessment of LEGO Education Afterschool teachers.
• Understand the needs and desires from consumers, both students and parents, while also working closely with LEGO Education partners to make sure the LEGO Education Afterschool concept and experience is scalable and implementable.
• Build a high-performing motivated team between HQ and team roles; set the pace during a period of considerable transformation
• Responsible for recruitment of top talent and integration into LE and cross functional teams
• Be an experienced, collaborative and strong direction setting leader. Lead the Afterschool experience team, whilst playing a role in the global Afterschool team
• Leverage HR core processes to ensure effective people management: development programs, performance management structures.
Plays a role in the wider Chinese Education ecosystem
• Builds a profile to establish LEGO Education overall and LEGO Education Afterschool as a leading provider of innovative learning experiences
• Represents LEGO with key stakeholders (private and public institutions) to ensure we are front and center in developments in Afterschool sector
• Partner closely with Head of China Afterschool business as well as the China In-school team to ensure Afterschool and In School approach is symbiotic and effective in growing our total impact
• Collaborate closely with colleagues from the LEGO Retail team and seek synergies both from an operational and branding perspective
Trusted partner to LEGO colleagues
• Collaborates with global colleagues from Product and Global Marketing with openness and trust
• Responsible for acting on feedback from colleagues who monitor and feedback market and partners; operates comfortably in an environment of shared responsibilities and goal
Do you have what we are looking for?
• Preferably a Master’s degree or other Creative or Educational degree
• Min 6-8 years within concept and content creation, preferably from China
• Leadership experiences within after school concepts and content in China previously
• Proven concept and content track record in education/after school sector
• Fluent in both English and Chinese
• Ability to travel both international and domestic
Join the global family of LEGO
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality – We look forward to reading your application - please remember to attach a motivated cover letter and a current CV in English, when you apply. You can use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Or you can send your CV to Sharon.email@example.com
Bringing it to life
“Sixty percent of children currently in school will hold jobs that don’t exist today. In LEGO Education, our ambition is to prepare the students for the future through encouraging them to be critical thinkers and creative problem solvers and by giving them the joy of learning, both through in-school and after school solutions. In this role, you will lead the team creating the overall experience for the LEGO Education after school program in China, creating hands-on and minds-on experiences, that every student needs to succeed and build skills to face any challenge life hurls at them. We see the world with our eyes. We change it with our hands,” says Camilla Bottke, Head of Afterschool and Competition.