LEGO Systems, Inc. Continuous Improvement Manager in Shenzhen, China
Continuous Improvement Manager
Location China, Shenzhen
Posted Date 06/26/2018
Job ID CN1645
Category Lean/Continuous Improvement
Who are we?
LEGO is a value based and purpose driven organization delivering learning, play and fun experience to more than 100mil kids worldwide.Parts External Manufacturing’s (PEM) mission is to design and manage reliable, flexible and efficient global network of external manufacturing supply partners in accordance to LEGO needs. Current team locations are Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Singapore, Czech Republic and Denmark.
Play a key role in our PEM organization
Main purpose of this Continuous Improvement Manager role is to lead Parts External Manufacturing process, project and continuous improvement thinking in alignment with LEGO Strategy, Procurement Business Plan, CI (Continuous Improvement) priorities internally and externally with suppliers - to drive enhancing value, strengthening processes and embedding process and continuous improvement mindset culture in our day to day work and behaviours. Functional expertise, drive for continuous improvement, influential leadership and customer orientation would be the key to success as you will coach and build capabilities of lead team, functional teams and project teams involved in successful implementation of LEAN projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Collaborate with D+ level, external suppliers, internal stakeholders, HK/SZ staff members and the LEGO continuous improvement community to drive LEGO process, project and CI standards in PEM offices.
• Lead projects locally and globally.
• Motivate and assist local teams to achieve KPIs exceedingly, drive collaborative/ supportive culture and team spirit.
• Lead visualization culture internally as well as with suppliers and report relevant KPIs’.
• Facilitate and work close with Leadership Team of PEM in various business-related activities.
• Secure strong global stakeholder & customer management through building proper process mindset, implement LEAN production processes and culture in PEM.
• Establish and sustain employee suggestion/ Kaizen program.
• Coach and facilitate waste reduction projects in order to achieve committed savings, realize identified opportunities for improvement, in development of long term business activities and business plans across functional areas.
• Continuously work on driving simplicity, reducing complexity and increasing efficiency.
• Implementation of CI program to and with the external suppliers to drive value creation.
• Influential leadership role (no direct reporting line) of working with functional leaders.
• Innovation & integration program implementation with suppliers.
• Embed environmental, health and safety policy in daily work.
What we are looking for:
• 8+ years experience in Process Management/Project Management/LEAN/Supply Chain/Manufacturing in an International company
• Black belt or 6 sigma an advantage
• Advanced analytical and statistical skills
• Supply Chain understanding and end-to-end thinking
• Experience working with productivity improvements and value creation projects
• Experience facilitating leadership teams and workshops across functional areas
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or another related field
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong collaborating skills to enhance the coherence across the organization
• Fluent in English and Mandarin, Cantonese will be a plus
• Willingness to travel
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
Bringing it to Life
This is an internal and external facing position so an opportunity to mix with a variety of people, functions and cultures. If you are passionate about children’s play and how they are translated into an exciting and value adding LEGO product and experience, this is the perfect role for you.