LEGO Systems, Inc. Procurement Director in Shenzhen, China
Location China, Shenzhen
Posted Date 02/13/2018
Job ID CN1518
Who are we?
LEGO is a value based and purpose driven organization delivering learning, play and fun experience to more than 100mil kids worldwide.Parts External Manufacturing’s (PEM) mission is to design/engineer, source, plan and deliver new parts to LEGO Group in expected quality through global 3rd party manufacturing network partners.
Play a key role in our PEM department
The main purpose is to lead and manage procurement team for 3 subcategories Electronics, Textile and Merchandise split between Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Singapore. PDs key role is to source, develop, maintain and manage reliable, resilient and efficient global network of external manufacturing supply partners providing sustainable supplier platform for PEM growth, minimize risks for LEGO, increase responsiveness, ensure governance/stewardship, business needs are fulfilled and execution/operations of individual projects (NPI) is flowless. PD has to continuously develop plentiful stakeholder relationships (Procurement network, Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Supply planning, HR, Finance etc.), suppliers’ relationships as well as design procurement organization and rigorously develop talents. PD through its daily behavior, words and actions has to live and role-model LEGO values in Procurement.
The role is part of PEM leadership team and among key roles in Global Procurement team.
We expect you to will help us:
• Leading and managing procurement department including setting KPI/targets and monitoring performance, continuously work on driving simplicity, reducing complexity and increasing efficiency.
• Setting direction (Global Category Strategy), design organization, plan, execute and lead by example.
• Motivating team to achieve outstanding results, driving collaborative/supportive culture and team spirit.
• Building and maintaining global supplier base incl. negotiations, contracting, relationship building, risk management and supplier performance.
• Understanding and ongoingly analysing category dynamics, supply chains, cost drivers and risks and adjust plans accordingly based on scenario thinking.
• Securing strong global stakeholder and supplier management.
• Driving continuous improvement and process optimization.
• Proactively search, develop and sustain talents including succession planning in the department.
• Leading global procurement projects.
• Ensuring environmental policy and health & safety policy is embedded and executed in daily work.
• Deploying the Business Plan including the strategy and support the Must-Win-Battles.
• Delivering sustainable supplier platform per subcategory meeting business expectation (product availability) and flowless execution (operation).
• Defining procurement tactic for each entrusted subcategory (value proposition) and align broad stakeholders’ network on category approach. Provide commercial analysis and perspective to business leadership. Deploy Total Cost of Ownership thinking.
• Anticipating future development needs for the categories, prepare plans and drive necessary changes to sustain ongoing competitiveness. Ensure suppliers deliver leading edge research and development.
What we are looking for
• Min 10+ years’ experience in Procurement, Manufacturing or Supply Chain functions in an international MNC company.
• Min 5+ years leadership and people development experience.
• Global supply chain understanding and end-to-end thinking.
• Project management experience.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong collaborating skills and stakeholder management skills towards suppliers and internal matrix structures.
• Understanding of product costing, international trade, logistic standards (Incoterms) and manufacturing principles.
• Master´s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or other related field or strong proven track record in Procurement / Manufacturing / Supply Chain, such as Commercial negotiation record, People development skills, etc.
• Flexibility due to global time zones and meeting deadlines.
• Frequent travel mainly within China and Asia.
• English skill: Advanced, to be able to work in a global environment.
• Fluent in written and spoken Chinese Mandarin
Join the global family of LEGO
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident, you have what it takes to succeed in this role and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration and quality use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
This is an internal and external facing position so an opportunity to mix with a variety of people, functions and cultures. If you are passionate about children’s play and how they are translated into an exciting and value adding LEGO product and experience, this is the perfect role for you.