LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Costing Engineer in Shenzhen, China
Senior Costing Engineer
Location China, Shenzhen
Posted Date 08/08/2018
Job ID CN1698
Who are we?
LEGO is a value based and purpose driven organization delivering learning, play and fun experience to more than 100mil kids worldwide.Parts External Manufacturing’s (PEM) mission is to design and manage reliable, flexible and efficient global network of external manufacturing supply partners in accordance to LEGO needs. Current team locations are Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Singapore, Czech Republic and Denmark.
The procurement team is located in both Asia & Europe and headed by Sr. Category Manager for Core Line and Category Director for non-Core Line based in Shenzhen.
We are focusing and sustaining global supply base operation excellence and compliance of LEGO requirements for Procurement by supply market intelligence, sourcing strategy and benchmarking in order to secure external supply for LEGO products.
Play a key role in our PEM organization
“Cost” is one of essential factors for decision making especially in procurement. A clear and accurate cost analysis always leads the company doing business in the right way.
However, with market fluctuating index, there is a challenge to have all the cost data clearly and accurately.
Sr. Costing Engineer is responsible for securing high quality cost analysis based on a variety of market fluctuation indexes; market research; benchmarking; forecasting; negotiation with supplier, etc.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Perform target price estimation with “Should” cost analysis to assist Procurement team in determining fair and reasonable pricing.
• Perform cost control, cost driver identification & variance analysis and data consolidation to support the related decision-making.
• Initiate and drive saving activities with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
• Justify or validate the product costs accuracy based on cost breakdown; market index; research; benchmarking; forecasting and negotiation with suppliers.
• Provide regular reports for the spend projection & saving performance with clear visualization and interpretation.
• Provide cost input and support the creation of a business case for different categories.
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years relevant experience in product cost management
• Experience in manufacturing is preferable
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge, or Cost Control/ Analysis related training.
• Strong analytical skill and good technique in cost estimation
• Able to interpret data conclusion effectively
• Collaborative; flexible and willing to change.
• Mature, proactive and hands-on with good initiative
• Solid experience with good knowledge in data analytics and statistics with application of relevant tools (Excel, Access, SQL, Power BI, SAP & etc).
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.