LEGO Systems, Inc. Accounts Payable Specialist in Singapore, Singapore
Accounts Payable Specialist
Location Singapore, Singapore
Posted Date 07/26/2018
Job ID SG1159
Do you love to work in a fun environment surrounded by numbers on a daily basis? Do you enjoy giving your best ability to ensure highest customer satisfactions?
Are you a strong team player who is able to multi-task and possess solid understanding of the accounting flow implications?The Accounts Payable function is a key finance functional area within the Business Services Operations (BSO) unit located in Singapore, covering the Asia Pacific and China regions. The AP team consists of 5 employees and handles operational and tactical tasks towards the LEGO Groups vendors in close cooperation with the rest of the business.
This position is responsible for the functional supervision of the Accounts Payable team members including coaching and managing work flow of the team. This position executes various daily tasks within the AP department and collaborates with different stakeholders internally and externally. The Specialist contributes to the overall success of the LEGO business by delivering high-quality execution of the AP processes and stakeholder management, and thereby enables the BSO to succeed in delivering value to the overall LEGO business.
The Specialist plays an important role in establishing a sustainable AP department in the BSO. Analytical, curious, and development-oriented employees are needed, all eager to actively engage in building a high-performing department, valuing collaboration, process excellence, quality and fun in the everyday life.
Your specific tasks include:
• Supporting a high-performing, customer and service-oriented culture within the AP department
• Leading implementation of improvements using the LEGO Continuous Improvement approach
• Leading projects and optimisation initiatives across areas
• Supporting compliance of the company policies and procedures, and supporting operation of global, standardised and scalable processes
• Understanding, learning and using the financial IT platforms, the local and global processes and policies as an enabling function
• Supporting high-quality service handling of senior stakeholders queries
• Provide data, analysis and advice to support decision-making processes
• Support execution of AP processes in a timely, efficient and accurate manner, including
o Invoice processing (in SAP system), processing payments on daily and weekly basis, delivering high quality service
o Resolution of payment related inquires when escalated
o KPI delivery as part of BSO Performance Management System
Challenges and Opportunities
• To build core financial capabilities and be granted a steep learning curve in a global organisation where people development and career opportunities are key to the organisation
• To be part of a financial unit where increased employability across the organisation is prioritised and part of the career path
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
• At least 3-5 years of working experience as a Senior Accountant (with equivalent years of supervisory experience) with the ability to take initiative and ownership of financial tasks and processes.
• Proven working experience in Shared Service Center, where focus have been on optimization and process excellence.
• Be robust, resilient and ability to embrace changes with a proactive mind and a can-do attitude.
• Strong collaborator who believes in teamwork.
• Analytical, detail, high-quality oriented and manage multiple tasks successfully in a hectic working day
• MS office: experienced level and SAP knowledge preferred
• Ability to communicate in English and Korean (preferred not mandatory)
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“You get to work with some amazing people at LEGO and that’s a great thrill. It’s also been extremely rewarding to bring the LEGO culture into a new location. I have been able to build my teams here from the ground up. Even though it’s a global company and we have immense ambitions for the brand, The LEGO Group has a family spirit where the individual matters. You feel like the people around you want you to succeed and that’s incredibly motivating.” Tina Christensen, Vice President, Market - Adventure & IP