LEGO Systems, Inc. Payroll Specialist in Singapore, Singapore
Location Singapore, Singapore
Posted Date 07/09/2018
Job ID SG1134
Are you a passionate Payroll Specialist that is fuelled by a fun-environment and working through play?
Do you enjoy liaising across regions and various stakeholders? Do you enjoy continuous improvements and providing the best service to your customers?The LEGO Business Service Operations (BSO) is a shared service center that delivers HR and Finance services to the entire LEGO Group from 3 locations; Monterrey, Kladno and Singapore. The purpose of the BSO is to create an effective and efficient platform for growth to support our strategy and reach twice as many kids over the next 5-7 years.
The BSO is part of Corporate Business Services (CBS) that covers BPI (Business Process & Information), Corporate Facility (CFAC) and a BSO PMO.
As part of the LEGO BSO, you will be part of a top professional environment where the focus is on quality, learning and collaboration.
Your specific tasks include:
As a Payroll Specialist, you are responsible for delivering a consistent service to all the customers of the BSO. This means to meet the customers’ expectations and provide them with a top professional service, incorporating the LEGO values.
• Manage (run and validate) specific market payroll, for example Japan & Korea, to ensure effective payroll operations occur on time and accurately.
• Input in the development and executes against short-term (1-3 years) and long-term (3-5 years) plans and allocation of resources to drive payroll’s operational, financial, and budgetary success.
• Drive continuous improvement within your markets to reduce process waste, increases productivity and improves service levels to our customers year over year.
• Work with LEGO Shared Services Teams, i.e. accounting functions, to effectively research reconciling items to ensure accounting records are accurate and complete
• Ensure compliance with internal policies as well as country specific rules and regulations (including International requirements) regarding all Payroll processes.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Challenges and Opportunities
To support The LEGO Group with consistent, timely and reliable Payroll processes and ensure efficient payroll maintenance, validation & compliance set up.
The Specialist plays an important role in establishing a sustainable Payroll department in the BSO. We need employees, all eager to engage actively in building a high-performing department, valuing collaboration, quality and fun in the everyday life.
• To be part of establishing a Payroll department with a great working environment and where quality, learning and performance are keystones for the new BSO covering Asia including China, with a specific ownership of Japan & Korea Payroll
• To form new collaborative relationship with stakeholders and thereby ensure sustainable implementation of the global processes in APAC including China.
• Partnering (including Vendor Management) of 3rd party payroll vendors as well as internal HR Teams.
• Coping with an exciting and constantly changing environment that includes various ways of working and cultural diversity among stakeholders.
Do you have what it takes?
• 3-5 years of relevant professional working experience with Payroll processes
• Understanding of legislation and tax rules
• Experience from Shared Service Centres is an advantage
• Bachelors/Masters Degree within relevant area
• Microsoft Office experience - Excel advanced - (Intermediate required but advanced preferred)
• Experience with Payroll Systems e.g. ADP is an advantage
• Technical savvy and able to learn new systems quickly
• Able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“The LEGO Group is a great and exciting place to work. What makes us unique is the way we live our values in our daily work. As Consultant, you will become part of a unique journey in a company that is growing. You will join a team that is focused on succeeding together, with the spirit that only the best is good enough.”