LEGO Systems, Inc. Senior Operations Manager in Singapore, Singapore
Senior Operations Manager
Location Singapore, Singapore
Posted Date 07/12/2018
Job ID SG1147
Category Supply and Demand
Are you a fun-loving leader that loves to see team development across the region?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that exhibits high visibility with key stakeholders and delivering high service to our customers?The purpose of the position is to own and manage the MY & SG Operations area; be in charge of S&OP (Demand Management & Forecast) and Customer Service (Order Entry, Order & Inventory Management and Master Data).
Main responsibility is to build a strong and competent Operations Team that enables (through strong forecasting) and delivers (order management and delivery) high service to our customers. Further, the Senior Operations Manager (and his/her team) plays a key role within the leadership team as the orchestrator between Sales and Marketing steering collaboration and trade-off dialogues and managing the BU monthly forecasting process.
The Senior Operations Manager has total team of nine direct reports. The role is member of the MY & SG Leadership Team, reporting to the General Manager, and will be based in either Singapore or Malaysia.
Your specific tasks include:
As a Senior Operations Manager, you are responsible for managing the Operations organization and the Operational processes within MY & SG
• Secure delivery of products and services to our customers at agreed time, agreed cost and in agreed quantities
Strive for high quality forecasts & consumer sales plans through insights (root cause analysis, novelty performance analysis, market input etc.), data points (marketing pressure, BLT pressure, past performance etc.) and constructively challenging deltas
Overall responsible for driving and orchestrating the Monthly forecasting process (S&OP
• Team Leadership & People Development
Develop and continue to grow capabilities within the Operations team
Provide leadership and direction of cross-functional teams with a strong focus on delivering results
• Perform active and collaborative role within the LT
- Drive focus on excellent operations as part of the overall MY & SG agenda. Challenge Sales and Marketing to work towards a common goal and drive decision making to support the strategic framework decided as part of S&OP. Build bridge across the areas as the neutral partner.
• Set the Strategic agenda for the future Operations
- Staying ahead of the Team and setting the future agenda of Operations in collaboration with the APAC Operations team.
• Implementing Consumer Driven Operations
- Continue critical change agenda of MY & SG Operations and the wider BU to become more consumer driven. Change of mind-set, key operational processes (like forecasting and order management) and all other necessary processes to secure a fast and reliable reaction to consumer trends
Challenges and Opportunities
Further responsible for representing MY & SG as an organization in the APAC Operations Network and lead in defining the strategy for Operations both within MY & SG and playing a key role for APAC.
Do you have what it takes?
• At least 7-8 years of working experience, with 4-5 years of relevant experience
• An Operations experienced candidate from FMCG who is used to working within a matrix organization with complex processes and interdependencies to a global supply chain
• People Leader of a medium sized team with strong collaboration skills as the role requires to work with very diverse groups of people across all levels and functions
• Previous responsibility for leading and setting strategic direction for own department or function
• Master's degree or equivalent
• Strong record in People Management, ideally different nationalities
• Proven Track record within Market Operations or Supply Chain
• Have worked internationally or internationally mobile in future career steps
• Enthusiasm, energy and a deep desire to deliver results through engaging and motivating teams and individuals
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“You get to work with some amazing people at LEGO and that’s a great thrill. It’s also been extremely rewarding to bring the LEGO culture into a new location. I have been able to build my teams here from the ground up. Even though it’s a global company and we have immense ambitions for the brand, The LEGO Group has a family spirit where the individual matters. You feel like the people around you want you to succeed and that’s incredibly motivating.” Tina Christensen, Vice President, Market - Adventure & IP